Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happenings

Lately, not too much has been happening, but at the same time.. a lot has.

It's mostly house related as you can see from previous posts.. getting one house ready to sell and the other house ready to occupy. This takes up a lot of time and leaves little time for other activities.

Luckily this past weekend, I took friday off and Alex and I completed the majority of projects. We put in phase 2 of the quarter rounds, we painted the 3rd floor hallway flooring and cleaned/packed/moved things all over the place. We were tired by the end of the day but felt very accomplished. The next morning we of course had to do some more packing/moving things to the new house. We're so lucky we can store stuff there! Then I hurried and wrapped a bridal shower gift and got ready and off Laurel and I went to Stephanie's shower. Very classy, great food and always fun! Afterward, I headed home, packed an overnight bag and met my mom at a turnpike exit to head up to Monmouth University to surprise my youngest sister, Julia for her 21st birthday which was Saturday. She was very surprised, so success on our part! We hung out at her suite while she got ready with her friends and then we all headed over to a club called The Avenue for the rest of the night. It was on the beach and was pretty awesome! Expensive, but fun!

Sunday morning we did some shopping (i didn't buy a thing!) and then had lunch and headed home. Too bad it wasn't nicer out this past weekend to walk on the beach. But when I got home we did some more housework and then got some time to relax together. Yesterday we did more moving of things to Martin.

Today, we meet the realtor after work to sign the papers to put it on the market officially. Tomorrow is the photoshoot, which we won't be home for. And then it will be up! Let the selling begin!! Hopefully someone wants to buy it! We still want to do more packing, tonight I think Alex is going to take a bunch of stuff to the Salvation Army. That should clear up some space.

I have my first class of my 2nd real estate course which starts tonight. I'm really hoping the teacher is as good as my 1st course and lets us go early. Wishful thinking!

So literally, that's all that's happening. This Friday we're having dinner with family friends and then of course it's easter! I have off work on Friday which will be nice to start removing some wallpaper at the new house and maybe even start painting! We definitely miss having free time to hang out with friends and family. It will be so nice once we're finally in the house in May and won't have anything to worry about again. But that's a whole month and week away! Here's to hoping time flies (which I know it will with as busy as we are!)

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment