Monday, April 12, 2010

Progress Report

We got a lot of stuff done this weekend.. and we feel pretty accomplished. But it's not over yet!

Saturday morning I had a test in my real estate class (i got a 90%!) and then Alex and I headed to Home Depot to buy a lawn mower and weed whacker. Then we headed to Martin to start the work.

Alex put together the mower/whacker and I started the wallpaper removal. It is a total process but by the end of the day I had the hang of it. Basically, we have to score, soak, remove the top paper, soak, scrape the rest off. Not too bad, just time consuming. Luckily we only had to do what equals about two 15 ft walls. After I had finished the family room, on Sunday (!) I moved onto the border in the kitchen. Must've been cheaper paper?? Because it had so much glue! Also, gravity was a biotch. It was a lot harder to scrape because of the angle and the glue situation so I only got 3/4 of the way done with that. I'll finish today hopefully and maybe (fingers crossed) get to move onto the master bedroom's border as well. I'm hoping that paper is more like the family room walls.. but maybe that's just how border paper is? no idea.

Alex got the lawn mowed, some stuff weed whacked, some tree's down, some planting and garden stuff. And since Alex's parents were over both days, they did some organizing/furniture moving, etc. One of the upstairs bedrooms is ready for painting, which Alex will probably start tonight.

Here's our coming week plans:
Monday: Wallpaper removal / painting
Tuesday: I have class and I don't know Alex's plans
Wednesday: Down to DE for dinner with Nick and Laurel
Thursday: I have class again..
Friday: Painting after work
Saturday: Class til noon and then painting all day/night
Sunday: Painting all day/night

Moving day is swiftly approaching. I really hope we can have all the painting completed by Tuesday the 20th. We'll see how long it takes to paint one room though and then we'll know if we can complete it by then.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment