Thursday, June 3, 2010

Life

My mall trip yesterday was very successful. Picked up the sandals I wanted from Sears for $15.. the straw hat that I wanted from Charlotte for $7. Two tops from Hollister for $25 total (though I need to exchange one for a different size today). And then a pizza stone and peel $80 something from Williams Sonoma.

I'm so pumped to have a pizza stone, makes me want to make pizza so badly!! Though maybe not the best timing, shouldn't be using the oven so much in the summer time but whatever, maybe it'll fit on the grill??

The only bad thing was it was so hot outside and I have leather car seats... i will never get leather again! hopefully new cars with leather have a cooling function much like the heating function for the winter.

So i'll go back after work today to exchange the shirt and hit the liquor store for a bottle of yum to take for the weekend. I also need to find out how to make one of the most delicious shots ever, Perfect Storm. So i'll probably get the supplies for that too.

Today, through my normal hating work thought process, I started thinking about where i'll be in 5 years and will i be doing something i actually like a little bit as opposed to right now. I work in the morning for lunch time and then I work in the afternoon for 5 pm.. those are my only two work motivations. It's awful. There are two potential job openings out in the world right now that I was looking at. But at the same time, i'm going to take my real estate exam this week and start the appraisal courses so that I can be a trainee, which will probably require me to leave my job and work on that and probably get a part time job to supplement the income. Therefore I don't think I should even apply to any jobs because of this appraisal thing. I have to take two 30 hr courses and a 15 hr course.. all of this is online, so it shouldn't be too hard to accomplish but the waiting game is killing me. I still haven't gotten a promotion at my current job that was talked about back in january!! i get paid crap. I've been here 2.5 years going on 3! it's just insane.

Anyway, I keep thinking, should I be a teacher? should I just apply to another job? how will i ever have kids if we both have crappy jobs? when will this end? will i ever be happy working? why can't i just win the lottery? why does money rule the world? can we make the farm more of a money maker? buy some steer and pigs and grass feed them then sell the meat for money? i just don't know!

Ohh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment