Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend Update : Memorial Day

Well Thursday morning we closed on our house. No more Ross Street. I'm not really sad but excited that we can now pay off Alex's student loans. Currently debt free!! What a nice feeling. We're going to do our best at saving for the next year or maybe two before we have some babies. I will need a new car (new to me, used in general) when the baby comes because a Mercury Cougar with bucket seats just will not do with a car-seat.

Friday after work I did the grocery shopping for our party the next day and made a salad for the evenings events. We were having cocktails and appetizers at a friends, then going to see Sex and the City 2. Well.. our appetizers consisted of my salad, some pistachio pudding and some fruit.. hardly filling. Add alcohol into the mix and you have some dehydration and lingering hunger. I'm not sure why we didn't go get some food before the movie.. but i won't be making that mistake again. I did have a couple of french fries from McD's but that was hardly sufficient. Let's add into the mix that I hadn't eaten any carbs all day so I was in a serious coma due to lack of sugar/carbs/energy. The movie was.. terrible. So bad. Please don't go see it. Don't waste 2.5 hours of your life or $10 when you'll just want to leave after 30 min in. Two of my friends fell asleep and i just made a comment after every clique line after entering a new scene. I felt extra bad for the girls who forced their boyfriends to see it.. i'm scarred for life and i'm a girl. Never have i disliked a movie so much. I would've left had I not been with other people who I thought were enjoying it.. only to find out later that they were disappointed as well. And i'm not even a real fan of SATC. I only saw the first one earlier in the week and have never actually watched an episode. Regardless of the terrible-ness of the movie, i had a severe headache afterward from lack of fuel and it was so late that i didn't want to eat anything when i got home so i just went to bed.

Saturday morning we slept in til 10 am. I wanted to get up earlier that day but do to my 2 am bed time, i wanted to get at least 8 hours of sleep, even though 7-10 was hardly good. I had lots to get ready for the party later in the afternoon.. stromboli's, veggie tray, taco dip, etc. Alex had to buy the beer and later went to the liquor store. We probably spent over $200 on the party which i'm kind of disappointed with. I like throwing parties but I think i might have guests bring stuff the next time. I mean, the McH's brought Bruschetta which was amazing so that was helpful. And everyone brought gifts.. so we're pretty stocked with wine for a while which is really nice. The party was super fun, my mom got me and Alex the ladder ball game so that was played and later in the night we played beer pong. Dan was our resident bartender mixing up some of the best shots i've ever tasted and we did lots of laughing. It makes me thankful for all of the friends that we have.

We headed to bed around 3 am, so another late night followed by not much sleeping in. Mostly because i was sandwiched in our king size between Alex and Julia.. not to mention that i never sleep very well after drinking. Even a glass of wine at night messes me up. But when everyone was awake we had breakfast and chatted. Matt and Marci left and Nick and Laurel stayed until we left to go to different picnics. We arrived at the Beer Club picnic around 3:30 or so, ate good food and caught up with people we hadn't seen in a while, mostly that i hadn't seen. August is pregnant and due soon and I can't wait to hold her baby. The gender is a surprise which i think is so exciting! And yet seems hard because they can't buy any clothes until after the baby is born. Which they won't need much since it'll be summer and hot out but still, clothes are fun! We had some delicious pizza and really all the other food was good and of course there was beer there. I didn't have very much though.

Later we headed to where Nick and Laurel were, Laurel's sisters house. They have a pool and there were so many kids running around having the best time. Laurel's nephews are so adorable as well so very entertaining! And it was cooling down in the evening so that was nice as well. Around 8:30 we headed home because we'd been tired basically all day long. We relaxed and went to bed around 10 and had the best sleeps ever!

Monday I woke up around 8 am and tried to run around the block. It was mostly walking though. I ran for 2/10 of a mile which i tracked later.. not very much but hey, i did my best! You have to start somewhere and that's where i started. I don't want to be a marathon runner but I think it will help me get into shape. Now if it could just cool down after work so i could run without sweating gallons. After the run/walk.. i relaxed on the couch with a glass of water for a good 30 minutes while watching Kendra. Alex woke up around 10 am and we did some cleaning, dishwasher running and then headed over to his parents farm. We got a glimpse of one of the new kittens, it was orange and white, very cute but definitely timid. We hung out for a little while and then headed up to my parents house to drop some asparagus then over to my grandparents house to visit for a little and then to the Lerch's for a picnic. We spent the rest of the day there socializing and having fun and we headed home around 7:30, through a huge lightning storm where we saw lightning strike the ground right off of the highway in a field. Nuts! But cool. Luckily most of the storm had passed by the time we were on the highway towards Lancaster.

The rest of the night I spent cleaning the kitchen and vacuuming. We hit the hay around 10 pm and though i didn't sleep well (i like a firm pillow and i was using the wrong one) it'll be nice to have a 3 day week since I will be off friday as well.

Tonight we're having dinner with Nick and Laurel which will be nice, Wednesday I will be preparing for the beach trip, maybe going shopping and on Thursday i'll be making a themed cake for the weekend's events. Hopefully I can drop a couple lbs before hitting the beach on Friday. And I also hope it doesn't rain! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment