Monday, August 10, 2009

Adventures in Dog Sitting..

Alex and I started dog sitting on Saturday for my friend Ken. We'll be sitting for 10 days.. today is day 3. Day one went well but Ken wasn't kidding when he said she gets excited when you come home from being away from the house. Her yelps are piercing! We didn't have any trouble except a couple logs in the hallway which were easily flushed. Yesterday also went well, we took her to my parents house and she really enjoyed running around outside, since their yard is about 20 times the size of ours.. maybe more.

Today, i felt bad leaving her when i left for work. I can't imagine having a baby and taking them to daycare and leaving them there. It's too sad. Plus, I think Gracie isn't used to the fact that she doesn't have a doggie door to use because she poo'd on the floor today and must've rubbed her whole but in it somehow. She got it on our down comforter and our sheets. I spent a good 5 minutes getting the dried stuff off the floor. Phooey! This is why I do not have a dog. Now granted, she'd probably get used to this.. but i'm so afraid she's going to pee on our furniture or my oriental rug. I put her in the tub after eating my lunch and cleaned up her butt just in case she wanted to sit anywhere that's carpeted.... lucky, that's less then 1% of our house.

She is such a cute dog though, and a little lover girl.. it reminds me that i like other people's dogs but would never want my own.. also, this may be our only time ever dog sitting.. we'll have to wait and see.

So after work i'm going to stop and get some doggie shampoo so that we can properly wash her tonight and then some puppy diapers so that she won't poo on stuff.

Other then that.. she's been a great little girl. For anyone wondering, she's a bichon/poodle mix.. her hair is tan and she is just adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment