Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Grocery Shopping Style..

What's your grocery shopping style? I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they grocery shop.. really you can tell if they're healthy or not.. but the speed says something also.. i'll share my style :)

I always start in the produce section.. i probably do my fastest shopping in this area because it's the coldest in the store. I spend the most time there even though it's the highest speed. We get a lot of vegetables and fruit.. especially since it's summer and it's in season. In another post I'll share my awesome leek & potato soup recipe with you that i made last night, it kicked BUTT!

Anyway, back to shopping.. after this.. i move to the aisles. I usually try to stay out of them unless I need something.. so i'll go down the baking aisle for spices and then the vegetable aisle to get cans of refried beans and salad dressing if needed. Then I move on to the Dairy aisle where I pick up Milk, Sour Cream, Cheese and Eggs.. seems easy enough. After moving from the produce aisle though, my speed slows dramatically.. i mosey along down the aisles or over to the dairy aisle.. sometimes this makes me buy more.. so i should really try to keep a good pace. We don't buy a lot, but we hit the grocery store about every 10 days. We also try to keep the mindset that food is the most important thing in our lives, so if we spend the most money on that.. it's no big deal because we need it to live! (healthy food anyway)

I end my trip with a sugar free red bull from the front of the store and check out.. my avg time spent in there is probably 30 minutes. And i'm going today.. hence the post!

1 comment:

  1. Very good very good! I attach the grocery store like it's a time trial. My list is usually mental so I have to go fast so that I don't forget what I need..lol. The whole trip is based on money. I know what I am going to spend before I get there and I never go over. I start in produce and then I go up and down ever aisle. I don't need things in every aisle but I do it out of pattern. Most of the time I get the same stuff and 1 or 2 new items to test out. I keep a running total in my head and that's really the only time I stop is to check the count, unless I see someone that I know.

    OK Michelle so what does my style say about me?

    ReplyDelete