Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Update

Well.. not much to report. Probably one of the least busy weekends we've had in a while which was nice.

Friday: Hung out and made a cheesecake for my grandma's party on Saturday. Took Alex to Matt's and later picked him up.. the rain was crazy but thank alex for getting me new windshield wipers which saved the day! Very relaxing evening.

Saturday: Awoke around 10 and showered. I made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing and we left for my parents house. We first stopped by my mom's parents to say hello and spend some time. Da's party was very fun.. I love hanging out with family, it's so entertaining! They had a seafood feast of crab legs, clams, scallops and shrimp.. i had a hamburger. All in all it was great and the cheesecake tasted good. Later that night Matt came over and we played Risk (which alex dominated us in) and then played some card games.. I was beginning to pass out so I went to sleep.

Sunday: Got up at 12.... that is not a mis-type, I was so tired.. aka my body was recovering and sleeping was so easy because we didn't have anything to do until 6 pm that night. Eventually I pulled myself out of bed and we headed to Saigon to fill Alex's need for Pho. Came home and basically just vegged.. leading to me falling asleep.. again. And around 4:30 I showered and we headed to the Barnstormers game to meet up with some friends. They aren't the most exciting games but it's nice to get out and do something instead of just getting together at houses. When we got home we watched some boob tube and fell asleep. I really thought i'd have trouble considering all the hours I put in earlier in the day but it didn't seem to affect me. In fact, I'm pretty tired now.. must be the too much sleep thing. Having a balance is so important! If you don't get enough, you're tired.. but if you get too much, you're tired! It's nuts!

So that was my lovely relaxing weekend.. I hated to see it end! This week we only have a couple things going on.. we're having Alex's family for dinner on Thursday and Julia will probably be there as well since we're hanging out on friday (i'm taking the day off) and then it's Labor Day weekend and i'll have off on Monday as well! Yesssss!

No comments:

Post a Comment