Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Enter Blog Title Here

I couldn't think of a title.. isn't that sad?

Today is my first day back to work after a nice 3 day weekend. It was my first trip to a DE beach, and Bethany was a great choice. We met on friday at a mexican restaurant in the little town of Bethany Beach.. parking was a disaster but the food was very good. Mexican restaurants remind me that if I could, I would have a margarita with every meal.

After our late lunch, we settled into the house, hit the beach for a little and eventually had a pizza dinner. Vacations are so relaxing. I have some weekends where I do the same thing that I did while at the beach but it's not the same. It's really nice being surrounded by fun people.

On Sunday we went to the beach for a little while, then into town to look around. At this point it started raining but it didn't ruin the day. Later, we played some games and read some books.. everyone seemed to be addicted to FarmTown on facebook (the cousins anyway). Another relaxing day that ended with a spaghetti dinner and Ellie's special sundae's.

Monday we took Carl's idea of Parasailing and turned it into a reality. It was awesome to say the least! We even got dunked in the water! It was definitely worth the price, but I wouldn't pay to do it again I don't think. Once is enough for me. It was super fun though. When we got back we ate some lunch and headed to the beach again. The waves were calmer than the day before, so we spent a lot more time in the water. I really just enjoy sitting near the waves and watching them crash over and over. Again, very relaxing.

After our amazing Taco dinner (seriously, amazing) we got our things packed up and headed back home. We made it in about 3 hours instead of 4 which was nice. Monday nights have little to no traffic compared to what we hassled with on the way down.

That's my last beach trip for the summer.. I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to next year when we go to OBX with our friends, OCNJ with my family and then BBDE with his again. Good thing we'll have more vacation to spare.. because 3 days at the beach is not enough!

I'll be adding pictures to this post later today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment