Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lazy

I know i've said this before but I have to be missing some sort of gene or brain cell that helps with motivation.. because i literally have slim to none. Maybe the part of my brain that helps with imagining has taken over the space where motivation used to be?? Because I definitely enjoy thinking about doing new things, trying new things, eating healthy, exercising and yet I have no motivators to push me to do so.. I guess you could also file this under lack of discipline?? Anyway, I might as well share my plan even if it never gets put into action..

Currently, I've been thinking about trying to hop into the 'family business' which I won't share the details of. How I would accomplish this, I'm pretty unsure. I'm interested in Real Estate.. as I will be taking the pre-licensing classes to take the licensing exam and then maybe hanging my license part time at a real estate company.. I can get some knowledge that way.. because what I want to do (i think) is property management. I want to go to the library this week to get a book on it so I can start reading up.. and I know they have classes for a certification for that as well. A real estate license could help with that knowledge.. and I could possibly gain clients through networking. With the real estate license I would also try to offer my clients a Virtual Tour.. for a fee. To help market their business even more. I might need to start out with that as a free option to help gain business but eventually I'd put a fee on it. Virtual Tours are the future of real estate listings. Also through this, I would market my wedding invitation business.. I work with a printer here at my current job that printed my wedding invitations for me as well. She let me know that it can be a good part time job if needed, say when I have a child. That shouldn't be too hard to market.. I could go through the vendors I used for my own wedding and promise to plug them in return. As well as attending Bridal Shows to get my name out there. What's harder than customizing and then just placing an order for invitations and getting a 40-50% commission??

This all may seem very time consuming.. and it definitely would be. But my goal is when Alex and I have babes, one of us will stay home with them until they are school age. So if I have to work a little overtime before we make those babies to save some money to be able to establish myself for later.. so be it. :)

So that's the plan anyway.. It starts with getting my Real Estate license and securing a spot in the business. The rest should be pretty easy to flow into those jobs.. And working from home would be a really nice option!

No comments:

Post a Comment