Monday, January 18, 2010

Busy-ness

The past week was quite busy as this week is shaping up to be as well.

Last week I had volleyball Monday night, a meeting with my uncle Tuesday night, finally some relaxing Wednesday night, Farm show Thursday night, friends for dinner Friday night, date night and then over to a friends on Saturday night and then bridesmaid dress shopping and two back to back restaurant visits on Sunday. Below are some details on some of this and then my plans for this week :)

Let's start with Thursday.. I love going to the Farm Show but only for the food. I really don't care about seeing the animals, plus I basically couldn't breathe in there because of all the hay and lack of ventilation. I also was unaware that they had wine tastings and sold wine. I bought a night sweet bottle of riesling to enjoy at a later date. Friday, Alex had off and made a fantastic dinner. Roast beef, green beans and homemade bread. We saw the bread recipe on Chef's academy on Bravo and he has been whipping it up ever since. It's easy and delicious! We'll have to try to find a whole wheat version though, which shouldn't be too hard. We had a good time eating and catching up with Matt and August, we even played Scrabble and some Wii!

Saturday I went shopping at Park City and to Iron Hill for lunch with my mom and sister, Jess. I got some cute flats from Aldo and a clutch which i was desperately in need of for Vegas. I also got a cute sleeveless cardigan thingy and earrings from Charlotte Russe. Success! Iron Hill is always good. I now have a dish there that I get every time.. the Fajita spiced chicken salad, it's huge though so I rarely finish it! Leftovers!! Afterward I vegged on the couch with the kittens until Alex got home from basketball. Then he decided it was date night and took me to some surprise places. We first went to starbucks for a pre-dinner beverage. They have an awesome dolce cinnamon steamer.. mmm. Then he wanted to take me to Hoss's (so sweet of him) but there was a huge bus in the parking lot and it was very crowded, so we decided to go up the street to MoJo's for Chinese. It was delicious as chinese always is. I guess it was more Asian because they had sushi and chinese food.. but it was perfect. After that, he wanted to go to General Sutter for a beer but the bar there is quite small and they didn't have what he wanted on Tap, so we hit Crush above Carr's Restaurant for a beer instead. We split a Saison and then headed over to the McHenry's to hang out, which was super fun!

Sunday, we woke up late and I left for bridesmaid dress shopping for my friend Nicole's wedding in July. Which i'm so excited for because one, i love her and two, this is my first bridesmaid experience! She found dresses that she liked that we all looked good in and even a printed one for the maid of honor to wear. Love her color choice, clover green :) After buying the dresses, we went to Red Lobster for a late lunch, I hadn't been there in forever and it was good. Their biscuits are the best! Directly afterward, I headed to Carabba's for dinner with my family for my sister going back to school and my other sister moving to TX for a month. Good bread there and good spaghetti.. though I wasn't really hungry so I brought most of it home. Then I did some Pilates, laundry and cleaned some stuff up before going to bed.

Whew! Busy!!

This week we have a bunch of things to do before leaving for Vegas on Thursday morning. Tonight we have a beer club executive meeting, one of the last actually. Then I have volleyball.

Tomorrow we're heading down to Newark to celebrate Nick and Laurel's engagement with Alex's parents. It's restaurant week so they should have some tasty selections.

Wednesday will be dedicated to cleaning up and packing and heading to bed early because we need to leave the house at 5:00 am to get to the airport at 5:30 for our 6:30 flight. I couldn't have gotten a better flight plan though.. layover time is 40min or less there and back. We're connecting in Cleveland on the way out and Philly on the way back. Perfecto!

I have to work the show on Thursday and Friday and complete breakdown. Then Alex and I have free range of Las Vegas until our Flight at 9:15 Sunday morning. We're very excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment