Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I love dinner dates

Tonight some friends are coming over for a dinner date. Before the holidays, we started doing weeknight dinner dates with friends and they've gone swimmingly. Though we've only dated with two other couples, we hope to expand our horizon to at least 4 in the near future.

Dinner dating during the week as opposed to the weekend is so easy. It's fun to cook for friends and be cooked for.. I don't know why we didn't do this sooner! Anyway, tonight we're actually having two couples over, the Nowak's and the McHenry's and we'll be making .. drumroll ... spring rolls for the appetizer and asian beef lettuce wraps for the entree. We did the grocery shopping yesterday and it's going to be delicious!

The spring rolls are going to be shrimp with the normal lettuce, vermicelli, carrots, and then cilantro or mint or both. I love ordering spring rolls at restaurants so this should be fun to make our own. And of course we're going to have a peanut dipping sauce!

The lettuce rolls are going to be make your own, we'll have seasoned vermicelli, cucumbers, carrot shreds, the beef mixture and sauce to put on. It's like healthy tacos! I don't know if i'm describing all of this right but all you really need to know is that they are delicious!! And we're really excited to make it!

Well, it's hump day. That means that today I call my uncle to set up a time to sit down and talk about what kind of future i might have with the company. I'm kind of nervous to call, though I know I shouldn't be.. just seems like a big step (hopefully in the right direction). Hump day also means that we're halfway through the week. This week back to work has been kind of slow. I really enjoyed having 5 day weekends two weekends in a row. Glorious! I wish we could at least have 3 day weekends each week. I would totally work 10 hours a day for that. It's really hard for me to enjoy the job that i'm in now. I mean, it's easy, the people are nice and stuff.. but the work is not challenging, we don't have enough staffing so i always have a pile of things to do that i never get to because the pile keeps getting bigger. I wonder what will happen when I leave. Other than training someone new to do about a million things.. hopefully they will be able to multi-task! I think not being happy working here has had an effect on the rest of my life. When i come home from work, I don't really feel like doing anything, when to be honest, i really didn't do much brainwork at my job all day long, so why shouldn't i want to get up and get moving? I always feel like there isn't enough time after work to get anything done. When I get home around 5:15.. i usually spend some time with the kitties, watch a little tv, make some dinner with alex, watch some more tv, do some pilates, hit the showers. .then it's time for bed. It goes so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment