Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My most embarrassing moment

Just thought i'd share this with everyone.. who reads this, whoever that is though i'm pretty sure it's no one.

My most embarrassing moment happened last year (i think). I got my first ever library card at the Lancaster Public Library (after Alex and I had walked there <20> on a day a few weeks earlier just thinking we could check out a book. Nope, my license didn't say i lived in Lancaster and his didn't say our current address.. so no library card for us and home we walked again.) Back on track, I got the library card and then thought.. 'now where do i go from here? i don't know where anything is! fiction.. non-fiction.. dvds.. how do i navigate this place when they don't have many signs??' I just started wandering around. Not really looking closely at any books just walking through the aisles. At one point i thought.. well there appears to be a downstairs and an upstairs, so how to I get there? The elevator that I saw must've been broken, but there was a door and I could see stairs through it. The only problem was it was supposedly an 'emergency exit' .. but my first time being there i was all ' but i don't know of any other stairs so this MUST be the stairs i want to take.' Throwing caution to the wind, I hit the door to open it. Yep, the alarm went off.. I'm pretty sure the people near those stairs were watching what I was doing and instead of stopping me and telling me about the other staircase, they watched me hit the door and then definitely watched as I backed away and started walking in the other direction. As I walked out, a security guard walked by and I told him it was my first time in the Library and that I was sorry. I think the whole library was staring at me at this point. But he pointed me in the direction of the 'real stairs' and I went on my way to find my books.

I know that may not seem like the most embarrassing thing ever but I guess that just means I haven't really experienced many embarrassing situations.. for myself of course.

Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment