Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The first weekend in May

Was crazy busy.

I actually packed my camera cord so I can't show you the 4 batches of cupcakes i baked or the two layer cake that i decorated. Maybe when we move in, i'll upload them or add them to this post.

It all started on Friday, I took off work to bake the cupcakes. I got them all baked, as well as the two 9" rounds for the layer cake. I also did some moving that day and of course some TV watching. I also managed to make some of the icings and apply them. Not all but some. I also made the fondant for the layer cake that needed to set. I wasn't very happy with it but it would do.

Alex was away at a bachelor weekend so I made myself some dinner and watched The Proposal and went to bed. Boring, right? More like relaxing.

Saturday I woke up at 9 and showered. Put the fondant on the cake which was a feat and I actually don't remember what else I did, but eventually I headed to pick up Marci and drove to Harrisburg for Ashley's Shower.

I love parties, any kind. So of course this was a treat. I especially love party games and hanging out with friends and watching people open gifts. It's a bonus when it's a surprise party!

I got home around 5:00 pm and changed because I wore jeans in 90 degree weather. Terrible mistake! And headed to Carr's for a 5:30 reservation for Steph's bachelorette party. Little did I know, the reservation wasn't until 6:30 (i even checked my invitation later and it said 5:30!!) so I went upstairs to the beer/wine bar, Crush since Alex and I know the bartender and had some wine while chatting with him for an hour. They arrived, i was 3 glasses deep. We headed downstairs, had a lovely meal, tried to hit up Annie Bailey's with a 17 yr old.. no such luck. Back to the bachelorette's house for a movie, which I actually didn't end up staying for. Straight to bed.

Sunday, I woke up at 9 again. Thank goodness I took a vitamin the night before but i slept terribly. I had bought a paint brush and edible food coloring markers from ac moore on Saturday to decorate the cake. I didn't have as much fondant left over as I wanted, so I was forced in this direction. I tried writing Best Wishes Nicole on the cake with the black marker.... fail. I don't think the marker was made for fondant. However, i did have a basis to paint on the black food coloring. I then painted pink flowers and green leaves all over the cake with more food coloring and it actually didn't turn out half bad. Insert mental image here.

I packed up the cupcakes and the dip and all the other stuff I needed for the shower, stopped at the BP for ice and headed to the set up. It didn't take long to set up and everything looked great. Nicole wasn't very surprised but I think she had fun anyway. She got a ton of gifts! Which was fun to watch her open. It was a kitchen themed party so she got a lot of spices and everything kitchen related from her registry. Very exciting and fun! Afterwards we cleaned up, I hit up my parents for a couple minutes to drop off some extra cupcakes and chat. Then headed home to clean the house and try to relax. Alex and I watched Angels and Demons and went to bed. LONG weekend! Long but FUN!

I have a feeling this is going to be a long (but short) month. Each weekend is filled with stuff to do. Seriously, every weekend! We should get a couple breaks on a couple of the Sunday's so that's refreshing! Happy May!

No comments:

Post a Comment