Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Well I can finally post some pictures of the cupcakes/cake i made a couple weeks back!

And some pictures from the wedding from this past weekend!

So here goes nothin'

To the left you can see the final cupcakes on my countertop prior to taking them up to harrisburg. Of course it was super hot that weekend, but they faired quite well in the car. Everyone seemed to love them and my favorite were the strawberry icing ones on vanilla cake. The oreo icing was a whipped cream which i didn't really enjoy so i'll probably make that more of a straight buttercream next time.

To the right is the cake, which I was happy with. The fondant was being a pain in the rear though, i think my powdered sugar was too clumpy so it would do me good to sift it next time. But since i didn't have much extra fondant to decorate, i went out and bought a paint brush at michaels and used food coloring to paint on the flowers and words. We didn't actually cut into the cake while we were there however, due to the amount of cupcakes and food in general, and the chocolate fountain. But they ate it later on and t old me it was very good!

So this past weekend, Alex was in a wedding for our friends
Dan & Steph. Friday we went to the rehearsal dinner and Saturday the wedding. So below it's Alex and I with Matt, Marci, Nick and Laurel. The wedding was at Lauxmont Farms in Wrightsville, and the view was amazing. We just kept looking around that day because you could see forever. It was crazy! But they served Lambrusco, yess! and the food was delicious. The dancing was fun as usual and it was really nice to celebrate with Dan and Steph.

We also got to spend sometime with Alex's out of town friend, August and his girlfriend, Nicole who was lovely. I really wish that i had batteries for my camera so I could've taken more pictures. I don't like relying on others to take them.. even though Carolann did a fantastic job! Next wedding up is my friend Nicole's in July, which I'm a bridesmaid (hence the shower above). Can't wait for that!! Followed by our friends Phil & Ashley's wedding at the end of July!

Sunday was our first real relaxing day in our new house. After having breakfast with our guests, and eating at Saigon.. Alex and I relaxed the rest of the day, took a nap on the couch while watching step brothers, took a walk around the neighborhood then did some housework. Alex mowed and i cleaned up inside. We played some coin runner on Mario and probably just watched some more Tv. Nice end to an awesome weekend!

This week is going well so far. Tonight we're having Matt & Marci over for dinner, tomorrow we're going into Ross St to do some work, take some measurements, etc and Thursday Alex has a basketball game. Friday we're having the Hix's and the newly married Herr's over for dinner and drinks so that should be fun as well!! Saturday we'll be doing more at Ross and then going to Laurel & Nick's engagement party in the evening. Sunday I have a baby shower to attend, and then no other plans!

I really want to try to get into running.. or at least walking 3 times a week. Maybe I can throw some jogging in with the walking for bursts of calorie burning. Bathing suit season is almost here, and i'm going to OCMD the first week of June for a bachelorette party. So i need to amp up the exercising and eating right. I basically eat right but I need to focus on the exercise. I did pilates/yoga last night and feel great today so hopefully i can use this feeling to convince me to do it a couple more times this week since it's looking like rain a lot.

Well that's about it, so happy tuesday and here's to wishing the weekend gets here quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment