Friday, December 18, 2009

Here comes a busy weekend

Granted tonight I don't have any plans, it's probably still going to be very busy. I really need to get crackin' on some gifts i'm making people and i need to wrap those gifts.. and the other gifts i have that need a wrapping!! I was supposed to do this on Sunday but a sudden change of plans has me working on it tonight.

So after work i'll stop at Joann Fabric or Michaels (probably Michaels) for some supplies and then head home and start the process. Hopefully making them all won't take too long. Hopefully there I can also find some small boxes to put them in, and I just thought that i'll need to add tissue paper to my list now to cushion them.

Let's see, what else.. oh! I have to make a cake for sunday. I'm again making the Triple Chocolate Mousse cake though I won't be around to have any. I don't know if i'll be able to finish it since it has a lot of steps and takes a couple hours to set in the fridge but if not tonight then i'll finish it off tomorrow. It's pretty messy, so much chocolate melting! but it comes out really rich and light and yummy. I should post the recipe on here then since it's a Cooks Illustrated one.

Saturday, Alex and I are helping some friends move. Are we crazy? Yes. Did we agree to this back when it wasn't 25 degrees outside, yes! But we're going to bundle up and help out. Plus we want them to come to the christmas party later so the sooner they're moved the better chance they can come!

So after the moving, i'll be home again finishing that cake and the gifts if necessary, then making some spinach/artichoke dip and heading to the homebrew club's christmas party. I really hope it's a good turn out. And this spinach dip is to die for!

Sunday i'm waking up bright and early and heading up to my parents house. I'll drop off some of the gifts that Alex and I bought for ourselves to receive from my parents and i'll hop in the car with Jess, Nicole and my Dad to go get Tom and Mr. A and head up to Pittsburgh for the Steelers/Packers game.. yeah, again.. i'm a crazy person. I plan to wear leggings, two pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of socks, a tank, tee, long sleeve tee, sweatshirt and then jacket.. i'm going to look for a hat tonight with the eyes cut out so that i don't even have to breathe the cold air. I'm also going to look for some boots since i'm without them and sneakers or anything else that I own would not be proper footwear.

I'm praying that it doesn't snow tooo much that it would hinder our drive up there. Should be fun despite the fact that i'm going to get back around 1 am on Monday morning and have to go to work the next day. But on the brightside, it's a 3 day week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment