Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cookies and Decorating and Upcoming Events

I have a list of different types of cookies I want to make for this holiday season.. granted, not my first christmas in our house, but our first christmas being married so i'm trying to be more wifely since i barely do chores as it is :)

Here are the types I plan to bake!
  • Snickerdoodles - I always helped my mom roll out the balls for these and it's by far my favorite batter to eat plain! ha!!
  • Chocolate Chip - This is a classic that cannot be overlooked. There is a recipe for the perfect choc chip cookie in a cooks illustrated i plan to try out!
  • Sugar Cookie with Flood Icing - I have so many cookie cutters that i'm dying to use but I don't want to spend time making each cookie original, so i'm going to flood each of them and probably add crystal sprinkles!
  • Peanut Butter - These seem to be popular, so i'm going to give them a try. I don't normally eat them myself, but since i'll be giving most of these cookies out anyway, might as well have a variety!
  • Oatmeal Raisin and Oatmeal Craisin - Alex suggested the craisin and I thought it would be a good idea, so half of the batch will be raisin and the other half craisin!
  • Sand Tarts - My Aunt Kim makes these and they are to die for.. I'm not sure why as they're so simple but they're just so delicious. So i'm hopefully going to be working on this as well.
So there that is.. it's cookie baking season, people!!

I also need to get decorating.. we don't do outside lights but I should at least step it up a notch inside. Mistletoe is a must!! I hope to get our Christmas tree on Sunday. We decided to get a real one even though that kittens are going to go crazy playing with the needles. This year it should cost a little less since we already have the skirt and the stand and the lights and most of the ornaments. Now all I have to figure out is how we're going to arrange the furniture to fit it in the room.

I created christmas cards and will be placing that order immediately, so basically if you came to the wedding, you'll be getting a christmas card!

I also have a holiday dinner coming up on the 13th that Alex and I are hosting for our immediate families. We got a free turkey from Giant we're going to use and then i'm going to make Mashed Potatoes, Baked Corn, Green Beans, Stuffing, Rolls and a Cheesecake. I plan on making and freezing the corn, beans, rolls and cheesecake prior to the day. That way we can just warm them up and should be good to go.

Later this month, Alex's Beer Club has a Christmas Party we're going to attend. I'm going to make a spinach dip for that and there will be plenty of brew to drink.

The day after that party we're going to a surprise party which i'm making the triple chocolate mousse cake for. They said bring something that contains chocolate since the guest of honor loves it. Well this is super chocolaty so it should be perfect!! Plus the last time I made it, it was well received.. rich but light and decadent.

Let's see, my friend Jen's birthday is coming up so that should be a fun celebration and then my birthday is at the end of the month and Alex and I are planning to go to Atlantic City for the day.

We haven't figured out new years plans yet but there are some ideas in the air right now.

December is such an exciting month.. despite the weather, which is quite mild this year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment