Monday, December 7, 2009

My Weekend in Review

Friday
After work, Alex and I headed to the burg so that I could go with my sister to see Dane Cook and Alex could watch my niece Makayla. Dane Cook was funny of course, a little crude with some 'retard' jokes which I didn't prefer but he ended the show with an encore about his parents passing away within nine months of each other and a jerk sending him an email that said 'your parents got cancer and died because you are not funny" which he said ripped him apart inside for 2 years. 2 years later he got an email from the same person apologizing because they were going through a lot.. and Dane's response back: "your dad got a brain tumor because you're a drunk with no job".. hopefully this was just a joke but we'll probably never know.
After the show we went to Dockside Willie's for some food and drinks. It was dead there for a friday night, kind of sad. But the cheese pizza was good and the appletini needed more apple. Around 12 we headed home. Alex and I were driving back to Lancaster so we wanted to be awake for that. It was a long drive and I was trying really hard to stay awake. We passed out immediately when we got home.

Saturday
Glorious sleeping in.. love when the kittens play in our bed and then fall asleep with us. We eventually got up, watched some TV and I started my cookie bake off. I made Snickerdoodles, Sugar Cookies and Oatmeal Raisin and Craisin dough for the next day. I showered and got pretty and we headed out to dinner with my supervisor and her family. It was supposed to be a holiday coworker dinner but it had been snowing all day so our boss decided the roads were too yucky. We went to Iron Hill and I have to say that I'm very lucky to have such a great supervisor. She is so personable and her son is so cute! We had a very good time!
After dinner Alex and I headed home and decided to watch a movie with some wine. The wine was eh and we watched Slumdog Millionaire which was pretty good. We then had a very long discussion about some unrelated topics. We hit the hay around 2:30 am.

Sunday
More sleeping in.. i was so tired for some reason so I slept til 10:30. After getting ready, Alex scooped out the dough for the oatmeal cookies and i worked on the choc. chip cookie dough. After we completed those tasks, Alex watched the Eagles game while I decorated the sugar cookies. I took a break to download some music.. I really miss my Something Corporate CDs that were stolen when I worked at the Galley at Millersville. Who steals CDs?? Nevermind. We watched some TV and then I cleaned up the kitchen from the cookie baking and Alex started dinner. We had marinated steak and broccoli. It was delicious. We also made a sweet potato that wasn't ready for dinner so that is my lunch today. It worked out well! After dinner I started watching War of the Worlds while Alex did some beer stuff and eventually he joined me. He had never seen it so I caught him up and then we watched it til the end.

It was definitely a fun and relaxing weekend. Looking forward to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment