Monday, November 30, 2009

My Long Holiday Weekend

It started..

Wednesday: I got out of work at 2:45 after a long business lunch. It was probably the best way to spend the wednesday before thanksgiving. I went to the mall and purchased the dress i had found online, with the belt i matched it with in photoshop, and picked up an iridescent purple shrug. I'm kind of stylish now.. lol. It ended up later that the belt fits around my hips but not my waist under my boobs so I couldn't wear it but i still have it for other times i need a hip belt.

Back to wednesday.. after the mall i headed home to start my pie process. It was very labor intensive since i had never made it before, plus the fact that i was making 2 at once.. it was a caramel apple cheesecake pie. The caramel seemed to take forever to make.. or at least cool down to be thick enough. The crust was perfect, the apples were annoying to slice (alex actually did this) and i had to cook them in 2 batches.. the cheesecake part was easy though and they turned out good! After this, I did some ironing while Alex was at his beer meeting, I also watched some ghost whisperer. Our friends came over around 9 and we headed out to Marion Court to spend thanksgiving eve. Apple Martini's are delicious.

Thursday: Woke up around 9 am and watched a little bit of the parades. Showered and got ready for the day. Finished off one of the pies with whipped cream, more caramel and pecans. Drove up to my Da's (grama) house for lunch at noon. I love the food there, whatever holiday, it's always delicious! We ate, we chatted, we laughed, we slept, we watched the packers, i scoured the newspaper ads for black friday. we ate the pie, it was well received. My aunt took most of it home to have in the days ahead. i don't blame her, it was pretty delicious! Around 5, we headed over to my other grandma's for another thanksgiving dinner. I know eventually some things will change but I really love these traditions right now. I played Candyland and Chutes & Ladders with my cousin Mitchell and my niece Makayla and around 8 pm, we headed home. We actually stopped at Alex's grandparents to see everyone there. Hung out until 10 but really had to get home to feed our kittens who we hadn't seen all day.

Friday: I thought about going black friday shopping, but instead i bought our 32" vizio online (sears) thursday night and since they had it in stock, i just had to pick it up friday morning. And that we did. We came home and set it up, got our stuff together and headed over to Alex's grandparents house to spend the day there. We played Risk, I went out with some of the girls and we got our nails done, we played scattegories. We had a great time. Eventually we ate a delicious dinner.. and then dessert. Again, the pie was well received. Alex's cousins came over to our house to spend the night. We watched Star Trek on the new TV then headed to bed.

Saturday: Woke up around 9:15, took a shower.. woke the kids up to get ready to go by 10. Headed over to Martin Dr for breakfast. Hung out for a little then headed home to get ready for Courtney's wedding at 2. Beautiful ceremony in a beautiful church. Alex thanked me for not being Catholic. It was a long ceremony. Stopped home to get nick's id.. headed over to Mazzi's at the Inn in Leola to hang out. Got duped into a 14.95 dollar glass of wine. I asked for their house red...... she gave me the most expensive glass on the menu. Walked down to Casa di Fiori for the cocktail hour and reception. Yummy h'orderves (spelling??) and yummy cocktails. Tokens for free drinks during the reception.... great idea! Great food, lots of dancing, laughing and having so much fun. So happy for Courtney and Derek! Back to Mazzi's.. then home.

Sunday: Slept in.. spent some time with Nick and Laurel then I headed up to my Grama's to help decorate her tree and spend time with my 2nd cousins (children) so adorable! Very happy that I went, I love family get togethers. Left around 5 and spent the rest of the night relaxing with Alex. We watched Yes Man which he didn't overly enjoy, but we finished it. Ended the night watching sometime about how Aliens were involved in all the large scale ancient architecture like the great pyramid, stonehedge and the aztec temple. I agree.. it was definitely extra terrestrials. There's no way that they had all that knowledge and it didn't pass down to us. They had to have help with greater technology.

And here i am, Monday morning... another 3.5 weeks until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment