Thursday, May 7, 2009

Getting serious.. about wedding planning

So i'm getting serious now.. about wedding planning of course. Really there's not a lot of time, 37 days to be exact. Now is the time to get down to business.

Today I made some lists.. a Honeymoon Itinerary and a Wedding Day To Do list. The Honeymoon Itinerary basically outlines everything we'll be doing each day.. I need to go into more details with it though, because in some cases, it's cheaper to book activities online.. also, reservations for some activities is recommended. This will help keep us organized, trips can be so busy that you forget what your plans are and with this list, i'll have phone numbers, addresses and the like. The wedding day to do list just lists duties that will need to be done the day of, from setup to breakdown. I need to make sure all ends are tied up. I mean who's going to roll up the aisle runner with all the flower petals in it? Surely not me. ;)

We're going to be having brunch at the Hilton the next morning with some guests, but we've decided that it's not going to be another bill my parents are footing, people will be responsible for paying for their own meal. I'm not sure how i'm going to mention this yet, probably just word of mouth. We also need to figure out which of our friends are actually planning to stay overnight.

Responses are due on Saturday. I spoke with my mom earlier and she said we've gotten a bunch more in, so it should be exciting filling those names and their dinners into my spreadsheet. I'm a spreadsheet-a-holic.

One thing I really need to start working on are the Programs and Placecards. I'm thinking about having the same company print these that did my Invitations. That way, it will be consistent. The programs are going to be rolled up into little scrolls tied with a ribbon! I ordered some candle votives today as well for the table's centerpieces. I'm not sure what i'll do with them afterwards but we'll figure it out. Hopefully I get my order in from TheKnot.com.. they never email when it's been shipped and don't have tracking numbers.. not normal for a web order.

I really need to download the sheet music for our pianist.. I simply must do that tonight! It wasn't working on our little laptop, so i'll have to move to the imac.

Man, i'm excited to go honeymoon clothes shopping soon! King of Prussia sounds like a great mall to blow some cash in!

No comments:

Post a Comment