Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's HUMP day!

So, it's wednesday, yippy skippy. I don't have much to report on, but I will say that the rest of the week and weekend is filled with activities! Tonight we're having a cookout with Alex's parents.. makes me feel like we should get some patio furniture so we can eat outside, even though it's not going to be warm enough.. i'm thinking into the future.

Thursday night we're heading over to York to have dinner with Jim and his parents, they are awesome! And his mom is such a great cook, can't wait to see what we're having. I'm making a dessert for both occasions, strawberry trifle but only 2 layers instead of a bunch bc i actually don't have a trifle dish thing. It's pound cake, vanilla pudding, whipped cream and strawberries then another layer of the same. It's going to be DELICIOUS and really the only sugary items are the pound cake and strawberries because i got sugar free pudding and whipped cream! wahoo!

Friday we're going out with Dan and Steph to celebrate they're engagement! So exciting! I love weddings and engagements because the bottom line is parties! Speaking of weddings, i really need to go out and get my cousin and his bride a gift since that wedding is on Saturday! It's at the Capital's Rotunda (i know i spelled that wrong) and it's going to be lovely! No to mention, FUN! This is going to be practice for Miss Makayla, as she is the flower girl in this wedding as well as my own. The only difference is, she'll be running to Alex at the end of the aisle. She refers to him as her Beyonce (instead of Fiance) and i'm pretty sure she wants to marry him.. but i'm sure after Jess pulls her off and sits her with my mom, she'll probably cry.. good start to a wedding, i think!?

Sunday we're going to Brunch at the Navy Base's Officer's Club, aka where my reception is.. and then we're meeting with the Catering Manager to go over a couple more things and survey the room one last time to get an idea of what we want setup to look like. I need to get her the numbers by the end of the week, so i'm hoping that the people who haven't responded and got a follow up message from Charmayne, are planning to attend, or at least respond with a no thank you.

I worked on the programs yesterday, I just need to verify with the church that i have it in the correct order. I also made the list for the placecards I just need to find out if people arent coming and then put all the table numbers by the names. I'll probably do this at lunchtime.

More updates to come this week and the next couple, really it's insane how booked our weekends are. But it's for a good cause. I don't know what i'll do with all the free time, probably have Alex yell at me about painting. He's the slowest painter alive, that's probably why he says that. He wants to re-paint everything we painted when we first moved in.. and not change the color, just re-paint everything. We're going to get carpet when we get back from our honeymoon, and we do need to get the painting in now (or soon) but it's a little insane to repaint everything we've already painted. So i refuse. We'll see how it ends up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment