Thursday, May 28, 2009

She's a Maniac

As you can see by the lack of posting. I've been busy. And sick actually. Tuesday, after feeling great all Memorial Day weekend, I woke up with a Severe sore throat, but went to work and left at lunch time to spend the rest of the day miserable on the couch watching Tori & Dean re-runs (which i love). Yesterday I felt better, but today my throat hurts again on the right side, no swollen lymph node, but pain. I'm pretty sure I have strep throat! My boss had it for 2 weeks (untreated) and i'm pretty sure it's spread to me. Of course, i'm getting married in 16 days and can't afford to be sick, so i'm going to call the doctor at lunchtime and hope he believes my strep and sends the local pharmacy a prescription. I need to get a new doctor, since this one is still in Harrisburg and I've been living in Lancaster County for years now. It's hard though! Plus, I like him, he's been my doctor forever. Anyway, I'm headed up there this evening for a highlight touch up, so if worse comes to worse I can leave work early and stop into his office.
On a lighter/brighter note: My weekend was awesome! We found the kittens at Alex's parent's farm that we've been wondering about, by found I mean we saw them from a distance and when we went to search for them, we had no luck, they're good little hiders, well trained I guess. I'll find them next time i'm out there. I'm thinking of getting two of them and Laurel wants the other two, so that'd be perfect! Alex doesn't want a cat but they're so cute! Also, i've officially started my 18 day diet/exercise plan.. the South Beach has begun and this is the first time i'm actually exercising with it, so i'm hoping to get good results. Usually I lose about 8-10 lbs in 14 days, so maybe working out will speed this up. Plus, I need to be bikini fit for Hawaii. Super excited!

This weekend is packed full of fun as well.. Friday night i'm hanging out with the Brewing Wives Club, going to eat some yummy Thai food at Sukothai and then back to my house to play some Apples to Apples. Saturday is my Bridal Shower, yay!! And it's at Hoss's which i loooove. I'm always begging Alex to take me to Hoss's. The salad bar is out of this world, i think i wrote that in a previous post?? haha. Anyway, after that is my Bachelorette party with my bridesmaids and a couple close friends. We're going to dinner downtown in Harrisburg at Cafe Fresco and then we're going to go out for a little while.. play it by ear and maybe head back to Jess's.. I'm kinda boring so I kinda wanna keep it low key. Should be fun though! Then Sunday, Alex and I are having a date day, we're going to write Thank you notes and maybe hit the movies, probably some dinner, relaxing stuff.

Today's only Thursday, but it feels like Friday and should fly by pretty quickly. Next friday we get our new desk that my grama got us for our Wedding Gift. It's awesome! And now I don't have to hear Alex complain anymore about papers being all over the kitchen bc we don't have a decent desk to store them innn!! :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment