Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend Fun and Diet Blunders

Let me just start with this small dieting fact.. friday is not a good day to start anything having to do with eating healthy. the weekend is way too easy to cheat! which is in fact, what happened.

Saturday morning we went out to Rt 272 to pick up trash for Alex's brew club, there was just the right amount of people there.. it only took an hour or so and not too much trash to pick up. My legs were killing though from picking asparagus on thursday and not having the correct technique. Regardless, we finished. The club promised to pay for two beers at Stoudts in return for doing our good deed. How can I turn down 2 FREE beers?? That's where the beginning of the end began. First of all, their menu was wack.. it really surprises me how many places are carb unfriendly. Not even the salads looked appetizing.. or healthy for that matter. So I ordered a veggie pizza, and drank my two beers and we rolled out.

Then we took one of the longest drives ever from Adamstown to York for Mr. Steve's Grand Opening. Due to the dreary-ness of the weekend, it was basically empty there. Brings me back to the surprise party I just had where people RSVP'd yes then didn't show up, but hey.. stuff comes up, i get it. Anyway, we stayed there for a while, tried a couple more things. I drank a lovely sugar free red bull to wake myself up a bit and unfortunately also had a small bag of skittles.. oops!

Then we headed to the mall, I got Grandma's Boy for $5! So exciting. And when we got home we were going to watch Vantage Point, but Blockbuster sent us Cloverfield instead.. not a movie we wanted to see. But then Vantage Point was on one of our movie channels, so we previewed it to see if we actually wanted to rent it. A blur of laziness ensued. Next thing I know, we're going out to eat at El Rodeo and picking up some distilled water. I ordered fajita's and could only manage to eat 2.. then took home a whole take out box full of food, portion sizes in america are wack! Then i folded laundry (yawn) and watched Coyote Ugly.. then we finished the night with some Dewey Cox! I think that's our favorite movie.. it never gets old.

That was the best sleep i've had in a long time, that night. We woke up and Alex decided not to brew since it was raining.. again (when will it enddd!) So we vegged for a while until I got a call from my sister Jess. She was at the Park City mall nearby with the guy she's seeing, who I hadn't met yet. So after watching the season finale of Tough Love, Alex and I headed to the mall to meet them. I got a nice (ripped) dress at Forever 21 for 20% off.. easy fix. And then we headed to lunch at Iron Hill. There I had a salad, turkey sandwich and some sweet potato fries.. i'm not sure where that ended up, thinking back now I don't even think she ended up giving me the food she said she'd package up for me. Oh well. So meeting CJ was fun.. he's a super nice guy and that's good for Jess. After so many dimwits, you need a nice guy.

After this meal, alex and i vegged again until our Dinner in the burg at Firehouse Restaraunt. We were trying it out to see if it would be a good Rehearsal Dinner spot. The food was awesome, atmosphere.. casual. It was like fine (expensive) dining in a casual restaurant, with huge portions. Worth the cost due to the portions but still! Show me a place with small portions, anywhere.. please! We decided to check out Appalacian Brewing Co since it was nearby and they have a nice banquet room for occasions such as Rehearsal Dinners. The room is HUGE, way too big to fit 10-15 people, but the key was privacy. You get a whole room! Plus good beer, i don't even think they serve Miller Lite. We decided to make it our first choice with Firehouse as a back up.. I just need to see if it's available for our date. Oh, and at the firehouse, I had pasta for dinner.. i fell off the wagon and walked 3 miles this weekend. But don't worry.. i'll hop right back on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment