Friday, May 1, 2009

What's for lunch?

Today is the first day of my South Beach diet. I tried to start yesterday but peanut butter cups were tempting me, so I'm starting today.

For breakfast I had one egg white and for my morning snack I had cheddar cheese and pepperoni. Now I need to figure out what I want to eat for lunch. Normally I pack my lunch with left overs or make a wrap.. that's how I got through my last diet, turkey wraps everyday for lunch. But I seem to be burnt out because they don't even sound remotely appetizing anymore. I didn't pack a lunch today because as usual, I ran out of time and also, we didn't have much to choose from. I was hoping the stir fryed veggies would be in there today but Alex must've taken them this morning. So now i'll probably roll up to the grocery store, pick out a sugar free red bull and mosey around looking for something no carb to eat. I'll probably pick up some sunflower seeds too.. gosh I love them. I never seem to finish a salad when I get it from the grocery store, so that's out. I really wish they had a stove top here at work so I could at least steam some veggies or cook up some refried beans. Maybe I should bring my hot pot in and use that? I wonder if I still have that thing. It worked really well making pasta back in college even though we weren't supposed to have them in the dorm. I'll have to look for that. Then when I get home I'll probably have a glass of milk and then we're off to dinner at a steakhouse so that should be easy.. steak and veggies! Busy weekend ahead, i'll have to prepare myself with healthy snack foods.

Oh man, it's already 12:15.. I should've left for lunch 15 minutes ago! Oh well.. it'll bleed into the next hour a little more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment