Monday, June 1, 2009

me and air conditioning aren't friends

Happy Monday??? Monday's are usually my fastest day of the week, so i'm not mad about it. The weekend was GREAT though.

My bridal shower was awesome.. my mother had a contest for the most uniquely wrapped gift and since it was hawaiian themed, people had some crazy/fun ideas. My Aunt Kim and cousins Jenny, Wendy and Sarah won this contest with a Treasure Hunt. I had to swim through the sea (jello in martini glasses) and dig around in the sand to find money. They also had s
ome $ attached to a blow up crab.. which alex and I plan to take to Hawaii with us. It was so much fun! Everyone did such a great job! It's crazy thinking that it was a party just for me (and Alex) but it really helped get me used to the fact that people will be looking at me (us) all day. Of course it will be like 4 times the amount of people that were at the shower, but hey.. it's practice! And did i mention the cake? My mom hired the baker that's doing my wedding cake to create a cake with the word Aloha.. it was awesome! Like an Ace of Cakes cake awesome! She did such a great job. And my mom's the best for putting all of it together and setting up and everything!



My bachelorette party was after the shower, and we went to dinner at Cafe Fresco and then went to Scott's Grille and later Ceolta's. It was super fun. I totally love my friends and sisters.. so much!

Yesterday was supposed to be a date day, but when I got home, Alex and I just sat in the backyard for a while because it was so gorgeous outside! Then we went shopping at the outlets for a couple things and heading to Bube's Brewery since his coworkers got us a gift certificate to there. It was yummy! When I got home though, it's like the strep throat had returned, hardcore! I couldn't even talk and it hurt a lot to swallow. The doctor said that it takes 3 or 4 days to really work, and i'm sure drinking alcohol over the weekend didn't help the cause, but hopefully I start feeling normal soon.

This week isn't going to be too busy. I'm hoping to have the wedding programs in by friday and then i need to write names on placecards. Everything else seems to be in order. It's 2 weeks away but that's kind of a long time in terms of getting things done. What I really need to do this week is Thank You notes for the bridal shower. I'm going to start those tonight. Everyone is so generous.. I really am so lucky to have a family and friends like I do. They're super!

I just ordered some more clothes for the honeymoon! We also ordered a digital camera last night with a 12 gb memory card, is that big enough?? haha I think so! And I ordered some underwater disposible cameras as well, i'm sure that's cheaper then buying them there! Hawaii is going to be SO much fun! I can't wait!

Maybe you're wondering why the title of this blog?? Bc as I'm sitting here at work, in a sweater and covered in a blanket (also turning my heater on occasionally).. it just reminds me that i'm not really good friends with air conditioning, we don't get along. This is my life year round.. even in summer, I guess maybe we don't have a good heating system here bc I never feel the heat! But that's the reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment