Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Just Beachy..


What a fabulous weekend!

Friday, Alex and I headed down to Delaware to see Nick and Laurel. Cousin Nate had already planned to hang with them too so we went to dinner on the Main Street and then did some dancing at another spot. Fun times! Delaware is fun in the summer.. I'm sure when all the Undergrads return though it gets a little crazy!
Saturday morning we woke up, caught the kittens.. Alex, Nick and Nate played video games for roughly two hours (super interesting to watch.. yep that's sarcasm!) and then Laurel's friend Andrea came down, we played a game of Phase 10.. but really Phase 8 because we wanted to go to lunch. We went to Saigon because of the Pho and I got chicken with broccoli because Pho is not my Pho-rte (forte.. get it?).

Immediately after lunch, Alex and I drove 2 hours-ish.. in some crazy direction to get to OCNJ. We made it there around 5? We were supposed to arrive around 2! But all of our other activities pushed that back.. Oops! We spent the evening playing rummy and apples to apples, ate some yummy pizza and headed up to the boardwalk. We walked around a bit and headed back home to hit the hay.

Tnd
Sunday morning we went for a bike ride on the boardwalk. Alex and I rode tandem.. and it went pretty well I have to say. Tandem bikes is much easier than tandem kayaks... more on that in a few paragraphs! The bike ride was nice but I think it contributed to my sprained wrist. Home we headed and got ready for the beach. Alex went kayaking with my parents/mr lerch and my sisters and I/mrs lerch & rachel went to the beach. It was such a great day to be on the beach.. not humid but hot. The water wasn't freezing it was refreshing.. we were there from 12 to 5 pm.. long day on the beach but time flew by! Miss Makayla and I made sand castles until she wasn't afraid of the water anymore. She loves jumping waves and posing for pictures! lol. We eventually went home and got ready to go to dinner. I dont know the name of the place we went but the Salmon was bland.. in a place that's so close to the ocean, I kind of expect seafood to be above par.. especially when a Salmon dinner costs $25!


Yesterday we kayaked to a beach at a state park near Sea Isle City and spent the day there.... that's where Alex and I tried the tandem kayak.. luckily we didn't have to kayak too far because I am awful at tandem kayaks apparently. Overall it was a good time though, nice relaxing day. When we returned we showered and got ready for dinner and packed our bags for our trip home. Dinner was yummy and the drive home pretty quick.. all in all it was a very nice long weekend and I can't wait to do it again in 3 weeks at Bethany Beach!


In the mean time, Alex and I are going back on the South Beach :)

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment