Thursday, September 17, 2009

Back on the Wagon

This past weekend, I fell off the wagon, well technically i had one butt cheek on and one butt cheek off of the wagon.. I hopped back on Monday and then fell off tuesday, tried to get back on yesterday and now i'm fully back on.

Monday was our special dinner celebrating the day we first met, and we went to a place called Checkers Bistro and it was phenom, I had a glass of wine, we split 4 dishes and then I even had dessert! whoops! But it was a special occasion!

Yesterday, someone brought me some Reese's Mini's and I couldn't help myself.. luckily i put the rest out to share and they were gone quickly. Minor slip up.

Now i'm back on.. for reals. I definitely go through phases like, well I don't hate the way I look so why am I doing this? or I don't need to exercise while trying to lose weight, i'll fall off anyway. Two falsehoods. I don't hate the way I look by any means, but I should do myself a favor and tighten up some areas.. and I should exercise because that's how you tighten things up! So i'm going to start that now. If I need a reminder I can always come back and read this post.

My main struggle is what to eat for breakfast and lunch. Dinner is a breeze. For breakfast they suggest you have eggs.. i don't really enjoy eggs that much, no omelets and even just plain egg whites are boring to my taste buds. Personally i'd rather skip breakfast but I know it's an important meal. My favorite breakfast foods are cereal and bagels.. of course i can't have either of these things.. boo! Lunchtime is supposed to be easy but i'm getting tired of eating salad.. and i really want a sandwich. I'm going to get a wrap for lunch today but that's not exactly allowed. And I can't make my own wraps because it's just not the same for some reason. Just like the sandwiches I used to make were never as good as restaurant sandwiches.. i don't understand why! So for breakfast this morning I had a hard boiled egg (white only) and i'll continue that because surprisingly, i like those. And for lunch i'm going to try to create my lunches the night before of steamed veggies or something to that effect to avoid salads.

Ohh this no carb thing is TOUGH! it's not hard to not eat sugar or bread or pasta, so many other foods that you wouldn't think would be that bad for you (carb wise) are. I'm going to keep truckin' til I get to the goal.. and maybe this exercising thing will kick it up a notch? we'll see!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain except I'm not dieting. The pediatrician thinks Emma might have a milk allergy and since I am breastfeeding that means that I have to cut all dairy out of my diet. Basically everything delicious has dairy in it! What I wouldn't give for a slice of pizza, some cheesecake, cookies with a big glass of milk, ranch on a salad...ok I need to stop before I make us both drool.

    ReplyDelete