Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 15, 2006

Back in 2006 something very important happened on this date, I will outline it here.

First let me say, I'd been working at the Olive Garden all summer, and when school started up again, it was hard for me to have two jobs and a full school schedule. So I quit. It's the only job i've ever straight up quit with little notice.. but for a good reason. They started using a new computer system which i didn't want to have to learn just to work two more weeks.. makes sense, right? why would i learn something i'd use a couple times in my last two weeks? anyway.. had I not quit this job, I would not have been available on friday the 15th because I would've been working.

Like most friday nights, I was going out on the town (err campus) with Darina. The twins from our job on campus invited us to a party they were headed to and the twins always knew a good party, and we always followed when they invited us. We'd met some of the people at this party before but had never been in this particular apartment. Abby introduced us to two guys playing beer pong. We didn't think much of it other than the fact that they were both pretty good looking and really good at beer pong. We dug into the keg, which we later found out was Natural ICE.. that's right, ICE! Darina and I.. though not really fans of ICE didn't seem to mind and continued acting like school children on the playground.. we had the best time laughing and carrying on. (later did I find out people though we were freshmen due to our antics when in reality, i was a senior and Darina was a junior).

Obviously, since I was partaking in alcohol, some parts of this story will be left out due to my memory. Continuing on.. at some point, Abby was commenting on this guy Alex's (who i'd met earlier at the beer pong table) ass and how rock hard it was, he allowed Darina and I to feel.. and Abby was right, hard as a rock. He then proceeded to 'drop it' which if you don't know what that means, i have no time to explain. regardless, this turned into some mini competition and abby dropped it, then myself (i'm pretty sure i staggered on the way up) but regardless.. i must've made an impression. ha!

fast forward to later in the night, as i don't remember leaving that apartment and moving on to another party.. but we moved to another location which we call 110. What I remember here also has holes in the story but regardless, i'll tell you what I remember. I remember music and lots of dancing.. and then suddenly I'm dancing with Alex from the apartment we were at earlier. He was a very good dancer, and with my drunkenness in full swing, i remember 'trying' to drop it multiple times, where i wouldn't be able to stand back up.. but no worries, Alex pulled me up each and every time.. probably a total of 4 or 5 times. Sounds embarrassing, right? I don't recall being embarrassed... it was the ICE KEG that did it!

We decide to go get some fresh air and spent about 20 minutes outside on the steps talking. Having a normal conversation and getting to know each other.. he even wanted to know my last name. This sobered me up a bit since I don't remember drinking since being at his apartment. We went back downstairs, did some more dancing, there was kissing. And he asked me if i wanted to leave with him.. I told him I wasn't that kind of girl but that he could walk me back to my apartment. I had never EVER met a person at a party before that I liked, so this was new to me.. but I did know that I wasn't a slut and wouldn't give myself up to the first person I met.

He walked me back to my place and came inside. My roommates were awake and we hung out in Nicole's room chit-chatting. Alex bought us a pizza which was very gentlemen like of him.. plus we were both starving. Talk about a good first impression with my roommates, lol. We ate the pizza and then eventually Alex and I eventually ended up talking in the kitchen. He also ended up sleeping over, though trust me.. nothing happened.

We spent the next morning talking for a couple hours in my room.. and he got my phone number and headed back to his apartment. Little did I know at the time that he would end up being my husband and best friend in the whole world. I knew there was something special about him when I met him the night before in his apartment.. I guess it was kind of love at first site. Since then, our relationship has been a breeze.. I think we both learned from past relationships that we just need to be ourselves, say what we feel and if it's meant to work out, it will. It was definitely meant to work out because I cannot imagine what my life would be like without him. He is truly everything i've ever wanted in a life partner.. and though it's not always easy, we never go to bed angry and we make sure to kiss each other and say i love you multiple times a day. I'm really excited to see where our life together is going to take us.. happy 3 years of knowing you babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment