Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sore

Monday night was my first volleyball game of the season.. it was awesome. I totally missed playing (for all these years now) and am SO happy that the team called me to play. I was a tad rusty but that'll get better as we go I would think.

When I got home my forearms hurt a little because of them not being used to a ball smacking onto them every minute or more and so that was understandable. I thought it would fade after the night.. I also knew I was going to be sore from all the strenuous muscle activity that hasn't happened in years so again.. I was prepared. Well yesterday must've just been a preview for my muscles because they barely hurt yesterday and today it's pretty awful.. I can barely walk down stairs except for slowly and i can't reach my arm behind my head to scratch my back. Sometimes I can barely turn to look over my shoulder. It's kind of pathetic that I was this out of shape but volleyball is a serious business of exercise.. it makes me excited that I get to play once a week for almost 6 months! My arms are feeling a little better, although alex totally squeezed one this morning when saying farewell.. ouchie!

Also, a tip.. off subject but still important.. never drink a red bull before bed. I don't drink them for energy, I drink them for taste and it was sugar free but the caffeine is the problemo.. i don't think i fell asleep until 1 am or so.. but i must've been half asleep because i don't remember consciously thinking.. then i had to pee at 2:30 and then alex gets up around 6:15 and i don't remember hitting the first alarm.. i was wacked out! so lesson learned! Also, i've decided to lay off the artificial sweeteners for a while.. diet soda is not healthy because of the chemicals, so i'm going to work on not eating that crap :) or drinking.. whatever!

Happy Hump day! I hope my muscles start to feel normal again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment