Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Is it too early to carve a pumpkin?

At the grocery store over the weekend, I saw that they had the pumpkins out for Fall and Halloween! I LOVE carving a pumpkin and roasting the seeds.. it's probably my favorite thing about the Fall Season.. and I plan to do it at least 3 times over the next month and a half.. it's just so fun! Anyway, I bought a pumpkin and will be carving it this evening with the hubster and it makes me wish I had some munchkins to carve a pumpkin with.. i loved doing that with my dad and sisters when i was a kid.. so much fun to get messy!

It seems like fall is coming fast.. it basically began at the end of august this year which I thought was pretty unusual and in my lifetime had never had such a cold august month. I'm really hoping that it doesn't prelude to a long and freezing winter season.. because though I like snow (it always seems warmer when there's snow on the ground).. I really don't enjoy being cold. Guess we have to take out the air conditioners soon.. we haven't needed them for at least a month now.

I'm thinking about skipping halloween this year.. we'll probably be visiting my sister at school for family weekend (which hopefully doesn't mess up her halloween) and while we're there hopefully seeing alex's friend August who lives in the area. I wouldn't know what to be for halloween anyway.. I was never good at thinking of a costume. Although one year i just wore this tennis outfit that i have (and never wear) and was a tennis player.. how original, right?

Anyway, happy pumpkin carving and happy fall (unofficially)!

No comments:

Post a Comment