Monday, September 21, 2009

This morning I woke up thinking.. i hate going to work, literally.. i hate it. I hate waking up for something that I don't really enjoy.. which makes me wonder, would it be like this for every job I have or is it just this one? ahem.. time for a career change. I'm working on that actually.. as I have been lightly for at least a year now. This job just doesn't pay enough and won't be doing increases until January due to the economy. But if it's anything like last time we got an increase (i got an extra .25/hour..) i don't want it.. I can find a job elsewhere, hopefully. But to be honest, even if they paid me what I deserved, i probably still wouldn't enjoy it..

One of my solutions to this problem is winning the lottery.. don't hold your breath on that one though.. i'm definitely not, but i still play because you can't win if you don't play.

Onto what I did this weekend..

I didn't actually have any plans but plans popped up into my face, which was nice. Friday I went to dinner with my parents and then babysat my niece at her house until my sister got home. I forgot how lucky kids are to be kids with no worries.. I gave her a bath and she had a blast in the tub.. why can't I have a blast while taking a bath? their little minds are just learning learning learning.. we played memory.. she's 3.9 years old and she almost tied me.. in memory! it was a large set and we played with all the pieces.. it was cute. Everyone thinks their child or in this case niece is the smartest.. and i'm part of that as well, she's just plain smart!

Saturday morning I got to sleep in a little, then Alex and I headed to Orwigsburg to get a water filtration system from our friend Glen. He already had it out when we got there, so all they had to do was plug the hole and we were on our way back home. We stopped at 10,000 villages to spend some wedding gift card money and got 4 nice pieces. Then i cleaned up the kitchen a little.. so that Alex could clean the rest and then him and Dan spent at least 4 hours putting in a ceiling fan in our kitchen. The original lighting was terrible.. it was l.e.d. and there were three small bulbs.. not normal kitchen lighting but now it's 150% better.. brighter and we can turn on a van for ventilation! perfecto! Throughout that I did some grocery shopping and watching all the shows I dvr-d recently.. I watched the season finale of Grey's Anatomy which was crazy! I hadn't watched it all season.. but the finale sure wrapped it up. After hearing through my media obsession that O'Malley and Stevens were leaving.. it's very interested how they're playing it out. I plan on DVRing that now.. because Alex won't watch that and the Office is on thursdays, which he likes. Anyway.. later that evening we had a pseudo dinner and then i drank basically a bottle of wine while watching... iron chef america? i can't really remember much.

Sunday I slept in again.. pretty late and then got up and ready to head back to the burg to hang with my family again while Alex went and hung with his family on the Farm. He works with his dad once a month, and this was the once. I went to see my grama who's getting hip replacement surgery today.. and then went to my parents house with a yummy sub to take on the kayaking float. We floated from 1:30 pm to 6:00 pm on a small stretch of creek.. we fished and chatted and had a nice relaxing time. My mom caught almost 20 fish.. it was crazy! i was using lure, so i didn't catch any.. but I borrowed her rod once and caught one. Fish love the worms, that's for sure. After that I headed home, stopped at the grocery store.. made myself some nachos for dinner and then eventually went to bed. I love going to bed! Might be the best part of my day most of the time.

Tonight is my first volleyball game.. should be fun to get some exercise in a way that I enjoy. I think my team's going to be good, so i'm really looking forward to it. New shows start this week too.. so i'll have some good stuff to watch tuesday when I get home from work!

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment