Thursday, June 11, 2009

2 days!

Two Days.. wow! I'm pretty excited!

Last night I was supposed to work on my place cards. But instead, Alex and I took a mini road trip to Stateline and to see Nick & Laurel and go to dinner with them. We wouldn't have been late if Alex trusted me and we road around Elkton/Newark completely lost for a good half hour. But we made it eventually! Stateline was Stateline.. we got Champagne for the Limo and Alex got some beers and some glasses. Then we headed to Nick & Laurel's apartment! We decided to go to Ali Babba's for dinner. I think it was Lebanese, Israeli, and something else cuisine. They must've had some greek mixed in too because Nick got a Spanakopita appetizer and it was delish! I'm pretty sure that's kind of greek. Anyway, for dinner we all got kabobs.. they got lamb and I got shrimp. Of course this came with pita bread, hummus, tabouli salad and an awesome garlic dipping sauce! After finishing my whole meal, I wasn't even full! It was great! I did eat pita bread though, a no no.. but we were celebrating! Celebrating Laurel's Grant Acceptance! I would go into detail on that but it's pretty complicated. Let's just say, it was hard to get, a lot of people applied and Laurel got it!!

So today, it's kind of hard to focus at work and I was pretty tired this morning from being up late last night. But I keep thinking.. stay busy.. it'll go faster! And it is already 9:45, so that's good I guess? Today I need to hit the mall on the way home for Makayla's Flower Girl gift and get another pair of shorts from AE. They're on sale right now. Then I need to stop at Old Navy (which isn't in the mall, booo) to exchange the flip flops Alex got me yesterday because they were irreversibly twisted. I should've known better then to trust him.. just kidding, he tried!

Then I really want to go to Hoss's for dinner. Alex doesn't want to, but when does he?? I need to label my place cards tonight as well. I was supposed to do that yesterday but the DE trip cancelled that. It won't be too hard though. I have the labels set up already, just print and stick! Therefore I won't be going to Alex's basketball game at 9.. unless I finish my stuff before then.

Friday's going to be busy. Laurel's coming to meet me around 9 am and we're heading up to get our nails done at 10 am. Then we're going to Lunch and at 2 I have a meeting at the Navy Club to drop off all of my favors/overlays/etc so that they can be set up the next day by the staff. I will be working on directions for that tonight as well (or maybe at lunch today). Then of course we have the rehearsal at 5 and the dinner at 6:30.. that's probably when the nervousness will set in! But i'll just breathe and everything will go fine.

We were originally going to Fort Hunter for pictures before the wedding, however they have a music festival this weekend, so that's out. So now we're going to the Italian Lake in Harrisburg which i've heard is also very nice for pictures. I got parasol's for the bridesmaids to take pictures with.. and one for me, and for the flower girl! Picture props!! I really hope it doesn't rain.. Paper parasols would not hold up well! All week it said that the rain would be gone by Saturday and now it says Isolated Thunderstorms! What? Not even scattered?? Isolated! Damn!

All i've ever wanted was no rain on my wedding day! It can rain maybe while we're in the reception! But not when we want to take outdoor pictures!!! And it will probably be overcast even if it's not raining. :( Maybe I can photoshop some blue skies into those pictures!

I should get off of this because the rain is making me sad. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment