Monday, June 8, 2009

Seven Pounds

No, not the movie.. it's the weight i lost since last monday on the South Beach Diet. The weekend wasn't easy. My cousin Ashley had a graduation party with tons of goodies I could've eaten. However I stuck with meatballs and bbq pulled pork. No veggies.. but then for dinner i had a salad and some spicy chili at Conestoga. Then yesterday at Charmayne & Omer's they had strawberry shortcake. Darn diet! But it's working so i'm not complaining.

Weekend recap:
Friday: Worked a half day (love half days) then had to be home because our desk was arriving. After that had a carpet quote and headed to my parents house. In the evening I attended Ashley's Cumberland Valley graduation at the Giant Center. From 7:45 to 10:30.. crazy! Plus traffic! It was a nice graduation though. Makes me feel old.

Saturday: Ashley's graduation party. Alex was in Atlantic City for his bachelor party friday night so he did not attend the party with me on Saturday.. instead he took a 4 hour nap! He needed it though.. Atlantic City can be rough! But he had a great time, so i'm happy for that! After Ashley's party.. filled with Volleyball, Lifesize Jenga and Ladder ball, I headed back to my house in Lancaster. Alex and I eventually went out to dinner, Conestoga and then watched Saving Silvermen and went to sleep.

Sunday: I was late meeting Jen for breakfast (with Erik & Alex of course) and I felt terrible! But breakfast was good and it was nice getting to know Erik a little (soberly) before the wedding saturday. We then went to the Farm to help Alex's parents with the camera we gave them since we got a new one. Well, the camera isn't working.. what a great gift! I didn't expect to spend the whole day there, but we did. We went to the outlets to exchange Alex's swim trunks at Nike and then went over to Bass because they always have good sales and Omer needed some tan pants for the rehearsal dinner. Then we had hot dogs for dinner. I'm assuming their carb free?
All day I spent searching for kittens or waiting for kittens to come out of hiding. We got some good looks at them, they're super cute. There are 4, 2 orange ones, a cream one and a black and white one. Two are still up in the loft and two are in the lower part of the barn. Butterscotch (their mom) can't seem to get the two to come down from the loft. They sure know how to hide though. I have a picture of the two in the loft that i'll put on here then. I don't have a card reader here.

Overall it was a good weekend. I finished thank you notes last night so they'll go out today. Next weekend is of course, the wedding. It's going to be crazy! I have a pretty strict timeline to follow but once we get to the reception, everything should be fine. I get my programs and place cards today, so I'll be working on that tonight.

I'm so excited to be getting married in 5 days! I love Alex so much and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment