Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekends aren't long enough

If only we had 4 day weeks, every week! Last week was a 4 day week for me and this week will be as well. Having friday off makes the weekend so much better! I am more motivated to get things done with a 4 day week.

This past weekend was a good one. Friday, Alex and I went shopping for Patio furniture. At the store, we thought that the set we chose would be too big for our deck so we didn't end up buying it. We wanted to eye up the deck first to see if we thought it would fit. The good news is, it will! We also went to Home Depot and bought cabinet hardware, paint and some other misc. stuff. We put the cabinet hardware on later that evening after having dinner at Saigon. The hardware looks great! It really gives the cabinets a nice facelift! I then watched the bachelorette (can't believe it's a 2 hr long show) and every week i want Wes to get kicked off, or one of the guys to tell Jillian that he's a d-bag, but this never happens!

Saturday, Alex and I slept in until 11:30! Crazy! We must've been way tired and still catching up from Jet Lag. We did some house cleaning/organizing and then eventually I got ready for Sara's wedding in Philadelphia. The wedding was at 6 pm at the Philly Public Library. It was gorgeous! They had the reception on the roof!! Everything looked so amazing, I love weddings! I will have pictures on my Picasa later tonight so you can see it! And Sara's dress was so beautiful.. I loved that too. She looked stunning! We had a good time, the food was fab and we even got to do a little dancing! Great time! We got home around 2 am (since philly is about 1.5 hrs away) and went directly to bed!

Sunday, we slept in again! til almost 12! haha.. good sleeps though. That's when I began painting the living room/stairwell/upstairs hallway. First I cut in all the trim with my handy tool that rolls along the trim so you don't have to tape. It worked really well. Then I rolled everything. What I found out later is that my handy tool didn't put the paint on as thick as rolling so i'll have to go around and touch that up a bit. And finish the stairwell which I couldn't reach the top of! Alex made us some chicken on the grill which was yummy and he also re-arranged the living room furniture. We spent the night watching television. My feet were hurting pretty bad.

Today, my legs are sore from all the up and down of the painting, but it was worth it because it looks awesome! It's nuts what a paint color change can do for a room!

I'm looking forward to this week because I'll get to do some relaxing and start the thank you notes. Friday is our friends Matt & Brittney's wedding.. which is going to be great!! And then Saturday we're having a 4th of July picnic! I love making food for picnics!

Happy 4 day week before the 4th! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment