Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Just another wednesday..

What a boring post title.. but i'm cool with it. I don't have too much to write about today but I think I can find a decent topic: Babies.

Everyone assumes that when you get married you should automatically start poppin' out babies. I myself have been guilty of asking people how long they plan on waiting to start a family (with children since technically you're starting a family when you say 'i do'). I just tried to google to find out how long couples wait on average.. but google these days is hard to comb through, so i'm not going to waste my time. I'm hoping the average is 2 years.. that should pan out since some couples jump right in and some wait longer.

I've decided that Alex and I are going to wait 2 years as well. Why? Because i was planning to wait 4 and decided that i didn't want to be 28 i'd rather be 26 (or possibly 27 depending). Alex would have them now if he could however 1. i don't want to have children in the city.. not my idea of a good time worrying about my child at night. and 2. we're not financially ready for that. Of course people say, oh you'll never be ready. but really.... we're not ready and i want to at least feel like i'm sorta ready before we jump in to an 18+ year commitment. Some reasons I'd rather wait 2 than 4 also include weight.. when you're younger, you drop it faster and if i'm gonna do a back to back (2 kids in 3 years) i'm gonna do it, get it done, and get back in shape. bam! bam! Plus, we can barely have pets right now bc we're so self-centered.. or i am. And kids are a 24/7 gig. So now maybe some people won't have to ask.. we're waiting at least 2 years. In that time we need to save money for not only children, but buying a hunk of the farm and building a house on it. Still hammering those details out..

Here's the deal. There's a farm. It's split into 3 parts but it's all on one deed. Alex's parents have 2 parts and his uncle has 1. His parents would be selling us one of their parts. Where it gets confusing is.. we want to build a house on this property. Does this house then become "everyones" because everyone is on the deed? If so, Alex and I are the ones paying the mortgage for a house that up's the property's overall value. It seems really complicated.. I can't really figure it out actually. I get the land part.. but Alex and I are going to be paying for the knocking down of the current structure, any trees that need to be taken out, and then building. I'm estimating it costing us around 225k.. not to mention the cost of the land we're buying. It's craziness and sometimes I don't think it's going to work. It's Alex's dream to live on the farm, not mine, but sometimes I think maybe we should wait for that dream until 10-20 years down the line. He wants it like now.

I guess we'll just wait and see what happens. Peace and Love kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment