Monday, June 29, 2009

If i had a million dollars...

So.. last week I bought a millionaire raffle ticket at the local BP station. Luckily they didn't run out because usually they're a hot commodity! the drawing is this coming saturday on the 4th of july!

So since I've purchased this ticket, I have been day-dreaming about what I would do if I won the million dollars (or one of the 4). I've decided to share this, though I do realize I may be jinxing it, however but stating this, I may reverse the jinx.

So i've won, I jump up and down and scream and probably cry and then sit down in shock for a while, just staring into space. Obviously no one really wins this, except they do! You just don't hear about what they do with the money in detail, you know? Other then the horror stories on E! After that all sinks in and a month goes by before we get the check.. at which time we both leave our jobs. Over that time we're trying to figure out how to live on this for a while, if not our whole lives.. can it be that hard if we don't do anything stupid?

Check in hand, financial advisor on speed dial. My first thought is.. let's buy a car! Of course, that's the worst investment ever, however it is necessary and on our list of things to purchase when we have the money. The question is, do we pay for things in cash? Obviously a car would be something you'd want to do since you don't want interest rates eating at you.. but what about a house. I'm thinking no cash payments other then the car/s. At this point you wonder, should I give some money away to my family? Sounds like a nice idea but that can add up fast. I probably wouldn't want to talk about the money very often without my hubby or immediate families.

The next big question is where to live. I know i talked before about moving onto Alex's parents farm eventually.. but i'm currently feeling like we could do that later in life, like when our children graduate from high school or something. Maybe while our kids are growing up it would be nice to live halfway in between our parents.. especially since we're trying not to have jobs. Elizabethtown would be a perfect choice. At this point i'm not into building, we'll just buy something with a decent plot of land.

I would keep our current house and rent that out. That's a good way to gain experience in the property management field, as it may turn out to be a nice small business opportunity as time goes on.

After settling in, we'd probably have to take a nice vacation. Winning a million dollars would be a great wedding gift. I'm not sure where we'd go, probably europe. After figuring out how we can afford to live on this money through interest payments, which really shouldn't be hard due to our low cost of living currently. It would actually work to our advantage.

Then i'd need to start thinking about children. We're waiting until we have a nest egg, but since we'd already have one.. we could start asap. Especially if we don't have jobs, we'll need something to do! I mean raise children.. mind out of the gutter. The sooner we have kids, the sooner we'll get to throw birthday parties!

That's enough talk for now. If i think of more.. i'll be sure to edit this post.
You may even find out next week that I have won! Oh.. dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment