Friday, June 26, 2009

Will there be games at this Carnival?

So i've decided to participate in a blog carnival.. and though the post i'm posting is not very interesting, it's my third post ever on blogger so give me a break! :)

This post is a part of 20SB’s Looking Back Blog Carnival, and Ben & Jerry’s is awarding free ice cream to lucky bloggers and readers!


Here it is:

rain, rain go away


Happy Cinco de Mayo! If only it were nice and warm outside instead of raining for the 3rd or 4th day straight. I hear there's going to be at least another few days of rain.. what the heck? It's not April anymore, May is supposed to be about flowers! I know rain is necessary and all for life to exist.. but i'd really prefer that it rain maybe once a week and all the other days be perfect. I should really just move to San Diego where they think 90 degrees with no humidity is hot. I was there last May and on the news they were saying, "It's going to be a blazer out there today, 90 degrees" Their advice was to stay indoors in the A/C to avoid overheating. These people are spoiled! (this is jealousy talking).. they don't know what humidity feels like. It makes 90 degrees feel like 105! Luckily, we don't really approach that much in PA which is nice but humidity is a sweaty killer.

OKAY! That is enough complaining about weather! Let's talk food. I'm currently munching on Celery and Hummus. I used to really dislike hummus due to the fact that I don't really enjoy chickpeas.. they're basically tasteless! However with hummus, there's garlic and cumin and tahini that make it taste more like peanut butter. The only difference between hummus and peanut butter is that it's super healthy with little fat (okay that's not the only difference but the main one). Therefore I suggest hummus as a healthy snack. I just had maybe 8 celery sticks with hummus and i'm stuffed! I'll have to wait to eat lunch i'm so un-hungry. Speaking of lunch, last night Alex sauteed some of his dad's organic asparagus with garlic and olive oil.. seriously, anything with garlic and olive oil is like heaven! I should start taking pictures of these things for illustrations, a blog with no pictures = no fun. I'll work on that.

Tonight i'm going to drink a margarita in front of a space heater to really celebrate cinco de mayo! And to keep warm of course!


So that was pretty long.. i have a habit of writing long posts! :) i'll probably be posting a regular post later so stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment