Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Update

Friday: After work and grocery shopping, Alex and I went over to his parents house for dinner. It was a good dinner too.. except I had some chocolate cake. I need to work on saying no. Our primary reason for going there was to get the kittens to bring them home, so we did so. We found them while it was still light out (thank goodness) and had them inside with us the whole time. Kali did not enjoy the car ride home because she tried to jump out the closed window more than once, but Domino was quite calm. Their first night was mostly filled with them trying to hide from us, probably because they were scared.

Saturday: Woke up at 7 am! Whhat!! I couldn't go back to sleep and Alex couldn't find the kittens. We knew they had to be around somewhere so we did a search and found them under the desk in the tiniest crevice. We lured them out with kitty treats and then brought them downstairs. I started baking the cake for Courtney's Bachelorette around 9 am and finished around 3 pm.. through all of that I was doing laundry and watching shows like Greys, Private Practice and Ghost Whisperer that I had on my DVR. The kittens were getting more relaxed and really love chasing each other around. They play then they crash then wake up, play, crash. That's their schedule with some litter box play and eating in between.

Eventually I got the call that the girls were getting ready at Courtney's and I gathered my stuff and headed over. She loved the cake, it was hilarious! I'll be sure to post a picture when I put them on the computer. And after a while, we headed out to dinner and then bar hopping. We laughed and danced and had a great time. I have some serious blisters on my feet but they must've been numb that night (other than the long walk we took) but I probably won't be wearing heels this week. That reminds me that I really need to go shoe shopping.

Sunday: We went to bed at 4 am.. it's been years since I stayed up that late and remember, I woke up at 7 am on saturday, soo.. I was pooped. I also had a hang over, which I haven't had in a while. I'm going to blame that on my lack of food Saturday and my dinner consisting of a salad and a wrap. I spent a lot of time trying to recover and after getting some food in my tummy I felt good enough to gather my things and head home. I got home at 3 pm, lol. So I cuddled up on the couch and watched tv while the kittens played. I watched PS I love you which was cute, but definitely not the best movie ever. It filled 2 hours though which was fine with me. Kali fell asleep in my arms at one point and Domino at my feet. They really like my one pair of shoes and sleep in them under the coffee table sometimes too. Eventually they won't be able to fit under there so they might as well enjoy it now.

Alex came home and we went to Saigon for dinner. We came back and watched more TV with more kitties sleeping on us. Kali loves to be held while sleeping and Domino doesn't so much. They're too adorable for words!!

It was a very nice weekend. I'm really looking forward to this coming Saturday though. We're taking a train to Philly with Alex's beer club and doing a bar crawl, then we're taking the train up to Paoli to see Matt and Marci and eventually making our way back to Lancaster on Sunday, then up to Harrisburg to make my mom's birthday meal. It's going to be great!! Only 5 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment