Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend Update

Friday: Instead of feeding trick or treaters candy, we walked down to a local pub and had a beer and some appetizers. I have to say everytime I eat there, i like the food less.. so no more eating there! The only good thing is they have Magners Cider on tap. When we got home we decided to watch Nights of Rodanthe.. thinking it was going to be all romantic and happy and lovey dovey.. well it was a tad romantic but the ending was horrible. If you've never seen it, don't waste your time.. he dies in the end. The love that lady looked for her whole life dies and she is devastated. Worst ending ever!

Saturday: Slept in until 9 am.. then we were going to participate in the Lancaster County Brewers Club Trash Pickup since they sponsor a road in Adamstown. This is the 2nd time we drove down there, the first time it was raining so it didn't happen. This time, it wasn't raining.. but no one showed up. It's supposed to be a club thing, something good to do for the community but I really think people are just there for the social one wednesday a month and don't think about anything else. So Alex and I left.. it would've defeated the purpose if we had done it alone. When we got home I started working on his halloween costume and altering my own. We took a break to go to the Greek Food Bazaar which was tasty but we wish we would've done Ala Carte. We paid 10 dollars for a meal.. each, which didn't include a drink! obviously we weren't aware of how much it would cost, so we only got a 20 out of the atm. The food was good though.. but they didn't have signs about the price or what that meant and etc. I'm not sure if i'll go next year but at least it was for a good cause, i guess. Afterwards, I went to the grocery store and Alex got something ready for a beer competition. Then I completed our costumes and we watched some TV until dinner time. We met Nick and Laurel at Kegel's and had a nice dinner. Later, we headed with them to a halloween party.

I was a Red Crayon, while Alex was purple. And Nick and Laurel were Adam and Eve!

It was a fun party. We had a good time. I slept like a rock that night.

Sunday: Woke up too early for my liking but oh well. After Nick and Laurel left we got ready and headed to Harrisburg to meet my sister Jess and niece Makayla for lunch at Passage to India. It was way better than I thought it would be. Probably bc that's a good restaurant and we got the buffet. Naan is amazing of course. Then we stopped by my grandparents to say hello and headed to my parents house to spend the rest of the day watching the Packers/Vikings game and eating dinner.

That's basically the weekend. This week i'm looking forward to getting the kittens on friday, should be very exciting. I'm also starting my November get in shape challenge. It starts today. No carbs M-F and I have a work out schedule. Then weekends I can take it a little easier but still have one exercise day. I'm going to do this until Thanksgiving and see how far I can get. I'd like to lose 15 lbs total, so it would be really nice if i could do that in 4 weeks. I need to think of a reward though, it's always easier when I have something to work towards.

Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment