Monday, November 23, 2009

What to do with my life..

Lately I've really been thinking about what career path I want to take. Obviously, I already have a bachelors in business marketing but I just don't think I'm satisfied with that. And though i've never been the most driven person, I want something a little more challenging than my current job.

So i've thought about going back to school for Interior Design... but it's expensive. So i've thought of taking classes to earn a certificate at PCAD in Lancaster. Easy enough but doesn't mean I can get licensed or anything.

I'm thinking about trying out Real Estate.. or at least getting licensed so that I have that option. I plan to start this in January.. they have online classes for the 2 required courses and then there's of course a licensing exam. I really had a good time buying our house with our realtor and it seems to be a really rewarding job.

Along those lines, I think property management would also be an interesting career.

I have also been contemplating joining the business my parents part own. But I've recently learned that I'll have to start by working part time as a cashier, move up to assistant mgr, move up to mgr and spend who knows how long in those positions before moving up to a corporate office level and what position I would hold is unknown. There seems to be a lot of unknowns with this and it apparently doesn't matter that I have a bachelor's in business and 2.5 years experience in the field. So i'm also doing some heavy thinking about this.

All I want is to enjoy what I do during the day so that I can come home happy at night. All I want is to be paid fairly and make enough money to support myself and Alex when we decide to have children so that we can afford to have one of us stay home until the babes are school age.

This isn't too much to ask :) Hopefully it will be figured out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment