Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Weekend Update

I had a very nice weekend that I will now detail for you here:

Friday: Met up with Dan, Steph, Matt and Britt at Iron Hill for dinner. Spicy taco salad but I finished it bc it was tasty. I love hanging out with them.. it's always a good time. After Iron Hill we stopped at Rosa Rosa for another drink.. I'd never been there but it seems nice inside. Very dark though.

Saturday: Minimal sleeping in.. had to wake up at 9 to get ready to catch the train at 10. Train to Philadelphia. Subway to 2nd Street to hit Eulogy Cafe. Great beer (Leffe Brune) and great thick cut fries with dipping sauce. Headed to Vargas. Not so great beer and Alex ate some pickled veggies. Now I wasn't drunk by any means but I'm having trouble remember what we did next. I know we started walking.. we thought about going to Jose something, then decided to walk to Tria.. which just like the spring's train trip.. was a dud. Then we walked to Noddinghead. At this point, Alex and I left to catch the 4:55 train.. we had to walk about 13 blocks so we needed time to do so.

We caught the train to Paoli and rode along talking to Jim on the phone for 25 minutes. That 25 minutes flew by.. just listening to Alex talk to Jim was very entertaining. We got off the train and made the small trek to TJ Everyday's which was maybe 1/4 mile away. We met up with Matt and Marci in the parking lot. Perfect timing! We headed in and picked our beverages, ordered our food and caught up. I really enjoy hanging out with them.. and they make me laugh. I had a taco salad there as well which was also very good. Alex had a good chili and then a small burger and fries. Overall, I give it a 10.. it was a great restaurant and we had great company.

We headed back to Matt and Marci's apartment where Marci and I proceeded to drink 2 bottles of wine and chit chat while Matt and Alex did who knows what. The boys eventually walked to Wawa (I don't know why) but they brought us back a turkey sub to split which worked out perfectly. Very fun evening. I can't wait until they move back to Lancaster.

I slept decently for waking up a bunch of times. I moved from the couch with alex to the other couch to the floor, got up to turn off an alarm, get a drink of water, etc. I wish I could've slept for longer but when don't I feel that way. Eventually we headed back to Lancaster via the Van Wyen whip. So nice of them to taxi us back up to Lancaster.. they had a birthday party to get to.

When we returned home Sunday we fed the kittens and then medicated them. They were hungry! We got our stuff together to go up to my parents and headed out. We stopped at the grocery store and finally arrived. My mom loves to purchase knick knacks when she goes on vacation so there was a lot from Colorado. Plus the trade show garb.. Alex and I came home with a bag full of stuff. We made roast chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. Jess brought a cake and a pumpkin roll. Nicole was a drag but the rest of the day went well. My mom got the family Wii for christmas so we decided to break that out a little early. She needs to get another remote or two though so that everyone can play without swapping remotes. Also, you need at least 2 remotes to play two person tennis, etc. She loves QVC so that was where she got it. I've wanted a Wii so now I can get my Wii on at my parents house instead of purchasing my own.

I told her she needs to get Mario Kart, Mario Party and another remote. I'm going to get her a wireless thing too so that she can pull the internet onto the TV. And if i do ever get a Wii, we can play games together.

This week is going slow so far, but I'm sure it'll speed up after Wednesday. Sometimes I wish I had every friday off.. or at least one per month. But thanksgiving is next week so we'll get out early on Wednesday then have off thursday and friday. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment