Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween's Eve

Success! I finished my halloween costume last night and baked/iced cupcakes for the party at work. Tonight i'm going to finish Alex's costume and just hang out. I truly cannot wait to sleep in tomorrow.

After work, I went to JoAnn fabric again because I decided that I needed felt to complete this project. It cost 8 dollars for 3 pieces of felt and stitch witchery. Let me explain the stitch witchery.. it's amazing, first of all.. i didn't have to sew a thing! Basically you put the piece of SW between the felt you want to seal and then put a damp cloth over it and iron it on. Brilliant! It worked great. Wish i would've had more but I finished the crayola logo with hot glue, even though i have it turned in the wrong direction :(.. still though, it looks good. And I made a hat this morning at work from a piece of paper, red felt and some black ribbon.. i'll have to take a piece of that paper home for alex's hat. It just went really well.. wayy better than the night before which was a disaster. And though it's very long.. it still looks good. It's not hoochie at all, which is nice for once. And i'm wearing sneakers, yess! I may switch that out to heels for the party on Saturday but we'll see.. sneakers are definitely more comfy!

Tonight we're meeting Alex's parents for a drink at Iron Hill after work and then I'm going to finish Alex's costume (i need more SW) and we just plan to watch a movie and relax.. maybe drink some wine, who knows. I have a ton of ghost whisperers piling up that I need to watch!

Saturday we're going to try to go to the Greek Food Baazar at a local church. They do it every year and it's supposed to be very good. Alex loves greek food, so he should definitely enjoy it. Then we're going to go to a halloween party that night. I love parties so I'm really looking forward to it. Wish i could make a dessert for it, but i should refrain since i seem to be making a lot of desserts recently. And i already have one planned in a couple weeks for a surprise party.

Sunday we're going to go visit my parents, but first stop at lunch at Passage to India in harrisburg. Indian food is not my favorite thing ever, so this will be the first time this year that Alex will have eaten it.. (we've made a deal that he will get to eat it once every quarter, since it is his favorite cuisine). He's very excited because it's supposed to be really good Indian. I'm just going to have Naan. Hopefully my sister and niece can join us, I know Jess loves that place too. Then we're going to spend the day with my parents. We don't get to visit them often and I really do miss them. Can't wait until we can move a little closer in a couple years, then we can have them over to dinner as regularly as we do Alex's parents.

We visited the kittens last night. They're definitely ready to leave the nest, but we're going to wait another week. We want to make sure they'll be able to climb stairs and get into their litter box, so in another week they'll be a little bigger. They were eating solid food though which was good to see. They were very playful and chased each other around like crazy. I bet they'll miss the outdoors. Can't wait to bring them home to live with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment