Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Food - What I eat and don't eat..

Here's a list of foods I love and foods I do not eat.. just for fun :)

I love brussel sprouts. cooked a certain way of course, I can't stand when they get bitter. I'm pretty sure most of the US has only ever experienced the bitter and it just isn't the way to go. Never buy frozen!

I don't eat yogurt. I'd really like to though, and i've tried on many occasions only to be disgusted by the texture. It feels like i'm eating pudding with sand in it. Maybe i'll try again in a few years and my taste buds will have changed.

I love berries. Especially freshly picked from the farm berries. I also enjoy berry flavored things such as black raspberry ice cream. And berry wine of course. Summertime staple.

I don't eat meatloaf, or any loaf with meat in it. I've never liked meatloaf.. I think it started because my mother used to put the tomato sauce on top which as a kid i ate plain spaghetti, so.. tomato sauce, no thanks. I just don't get why people enjoy a loaf of meat.. make a steak! And more recently, I've tried ham loaf.. also another why make it into a loaf question. It grosses me out!

I love tacos. Especially hard shell ones, though we rarely eat those. We mostly have taco salads but I think i'll be going back to shelled tacos soon.. it actually helps control portions!

I don't drink coffee. I think it smells good but it ends there. The taste is too bitter for me and I just can't stomach it. Not to mention that I have an adversion to hot foods/drinks where I need to let them come down a great deal in temperature before I can put them in my mouth. My husband drinks coffee straight out of the pot.. how he doesn't burn his tongue, i'm not sure.

I used to not eat chocolate. And still can't eat things such as hershey kisses or hershey bars. I need something else in there. I love mini peanut butter cups and oreos. And chocolate cake.

I don't eat sushi. I've tried it and i'd rather just have a tempura, hibachi or even a spicy tuna roll.. big hunks of raw fish just aren't my thing.

I love canned corn. I don't eat it very often but it tastes so so delicious! Too bad there aren't more nutrients in that stuff.

Pistachios are the bomb.

I don't like shellfish other than shrimp. I really enjoy cracking crab legs but I don't like eating it. I also don't like oysters, mussels or clams as well as scallops. Fish and Shrimp are my thing.

Kale and Collards are not my favorite greens, however Alex really enjoys them and likes to make them from time to time.

I also don't like indian food. Love the naan but can't do such spicy stuff. If Alex could change one thing about me, this would be it.

I love margaritas and could drink them at every meal.. but i'm not an alcoholic, so i don't! :)

I don't eat lamb. Most of the time it's too tough for me. I enjoy tenderness.

I love waffle fries. But don't eat them very often. I guess fries in general are a favorite.

MMM this makes me hungry! :)

1 comment:

  1. Do you like eat vegetable fried rice? If you do not mind, please send your fave cook receipt. Do you think that we can make a friend bridge, though what we eat is different? You do not eat lamb, but I do. I am from Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete