Friday, October 9, 2009

Old School

This morning I was unloading the dishwasher, trying to be quiet because Alex was sleeping upstairs.. He probably couldn't even hear it through the stairwell and closed door but I just like to be quiet in the morning when people are sleeping.

It reminded me of sleeping over at friends houses in the living room and being woken up by the parents (usually mom of whoever's house we were at) unloading the dishwasher. And not being quiet about it! My friends would all be dead to the world and I would be awake listening to the loud clinks and clanks of silverware hitting each other or dishes running into one another. I mean, come on! If it's loud to you, it's loud to everyone else. And they couldn't have waited until everyone was awake or the people were gone?

Therefore I swear to never unload the dishwasher the morning after my childs sleep over and to be unbelievably quiet around the house while everyone else is trying to sleep (except for the floor creaking because it does that a lot in our current house, upstairs at least).

No comments:

Post a Comment