Tuesday, October 20, 2009

These days

Last night i had the best chili ever.. i put a chuck roast in the crock pot in the morning and alex turned it into chili for his mom's birthday dinner. it was like eating roast beef + chili.. and i'm lucky enough to eat some for lunch today.

We spent some time with the kittens yesterday as well. They're getting bigger, furrier and more curious. They can crawl out of their nest and are eating cheese, which makes us think they're eating other solid foods. We are thinking about taking them in 2 weeks. They're just too adorable. One concern is, they're so small they could get stuck under something and not be able to get out!

Today, Alex and I are going shopping.. Adidas outlet, Jockey outlet, Reading China & Glass and maybe Walmart. We just did a little fall cleaning and went through our clothing and put the duds in a bag to donate to Goodwill. I thoroughly enjoy doing that. It not only opens up space in my closet, it gets rid of stuff that I never wear, even if it still has tags on it. Of course, it also means I need to go shopping for some new clothes :)

This good girl will be getting Hoss's on friday. I'm pretty darn excited. We don't have any other plans yet for that night but the rest of the weekend is filled. I need to make cookies and a spice cake for saturday and then another cake for sunday. Luckily I have these already chosen and I might make the sunday cake the same as the saturday cake and just make a double batch. I found it in the newest Cooks Illustrated. It has a layer of chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, and white chocolate whipped cream. It's going to be fab! I'll definitely post a picture of it when it's completed. I might have to cheat just a little on the SB diet for a small slice of this.

Last night i also had a volleyball game. We're not doing the best but i definitely still have fun playing. The other teams just seem to be really good and we've only come across one not so good team. If only we could get our shit together we could win some. We always have the same rotation with the same spots, maybe if we switch that up? but since i'm the newbie, i can't say much.. i'm just happy i'm on the team! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment