Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend Update

So let me update you on the crazy wild fun weekend i had. Minus the crazy and wild part.

Friday: I left work early for an appointment and then headed home to see Alex who had off. We went and visited the kittens for a bit and then walked around the farm a little too.

We saw this hornet digging into a grape. Glad it was busy
I wouldn't want to get stung by that monster!

Afterwards we went home and got ready to go out to dinner for my older sisters birthday which was on the 5th! Alex and I walked to Iron Hill for our 6:45 reservation, which my family was late for but luckily Alex and I were there to hold the table for 25 minutes. On our walk we saw the new YMCA in the city and it looks awesome. All of the equipment is state of the art and the swimming pool looks great as well! We're going to look into memberships.

Dinner was great, Alex and I got the Tex Mex Spring Rolls while waiting which were super delicious.. except that it ripped apart the roof of my mouth. We had a nice dinner, I got to hang with my niece for a bit and chit chat with everyone. My preference for large parties though is a round table, so you can see everyone. My parents gave us a ride home from the restaurant so my dad could get a 6 pack of homebrew from Alex.

Saturday: We slept in a bit, I slept in longer of course. But we hung out for a little while, and then I cleaned up the kitchen and made a yummy lunch of brussel sprouts and then started my pumpkin cookie adventure. Which I posted about here. Later in the day, Matt came over and eventually we went out on a bar crawl. We started at Quips, traveled to LBC which we didn't stay for a beer even, then walked up to Molly's and had a great dinner.. then walked over to the Alley Kat and then home. A nice circle. We started watching Year One with Michael Cera and Jack Black but it was pretty boring so we turned it off and went to bed.

Sunday: Slept in again.. yessss! And then got up, watched some TV, cleaned the kitchen from my cookie mess and made some nachos. We watched the rest of Year One because I wanted to see if it got better, which it didn't.. but oh well, we had time to waste anyway.

Eventually we got ready to go to the Beer Club Picnic, which went really well. There's always such great food there and good company. The only complaint was the temperature outside. It was too breezy and chilly. I was even wearing multiple layers and gloves all day. The turnout was better than normal though so hopefully we can keep those people coming back. We got home around 8.. watched some TV and went to bed.

I told you it was crazy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment