Thursday, October 15, 2009

Good Girls Get Hoss's

So Alex and I started the South Beach yesterday. I think I said I was going to in a previous blog a while back but it didn't end up happening. However, I normally go to sleep thinking, I should eat better, I should exercise more.. and then I wake up the next morning and think, nahh.. no need, i'm good the way I am.

Then one morning I woke up and thought, Today is the Day i start my detox. That's basically what the South Beach is.. a detox. First you lose water weight and then you move to actual weight.. and the 2 week phase is a bit of a motivator since you're losing about 2 lbs a day. Though sometimes I only lost one lb a day but still.. that's a whole lb. I did this diet 10 days before my wedding and felt awesome. Then of course we went on our honeymoon... oops!

The point of my title is, Alex told me that if I stay on the diet for a full week without messing up, we can go to Hoss's. I love Hoss's with a passion and even with all the other great food choices in Lancaster, we go there probably once a month. The salad bar is just phenom and I can't find another one like it. Plus, where else do you go and only eat salad for your meal? No where!

So everytime I think about the foods i'm not currently allowed to have, I remind myself that good girls get hoss's. And i'm not sure what the reward for going 2 full weeks will be but i definitely need something to work towards, other then a weight loss goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment