Monday, October 26, 2009

What I did this weekend..

Friday: Got out of work at 3:30 because of working til 6:30 on wednesday. It was quite lovely, though I spent it at the grocery store, coffee house and then baking a cake with a little hoss's in between. Then basically caught up on my DVR all night and eventually hit the hay. Kinda boring but the cake making was fun.

Saturday: Up and atom to shower and get my spinach/artichoke dip ready for Courtney's bridal shower. It turned out wayyy good and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I heavily cheated on my diet but I didn't go back for seconds so I consider that a success! The shower was super fun! She was definitely surprised and I even won a game and got the cutest gift bag ever. Alex picked me up from that shin dig to take us to another one down the road. It was a dinner party with people that I work with. It was also very fun, and the cake I made friday tasted delicious! very rich but definitely a keeper. After we left, Alex wasn't feeling well but he decided we could go meet up with Nick, Laurel, Courtney and Derek at El Serrano. Then we headed over to Tobias Frogg to end the night and Jen and Erik came too. I love quad-dating.. we had a good time. Alex though started to feel even worse and we decided to go home. He ended up having a fever that broke early the next morning. I'm pretty sure he had food poisoning from something.

Sunday: Woke up and hung out with our sibs Nick and Laurel, got stuff ready for the early dinner we had planned for Alex's mom's birthday. Nick and Laurel made jalepeno poppers in wontons which were awesome, pretty spicy but awesome non the less. We also had some wonderful cheese and meat platters, as well as a large bottle of Asti (very yum). Eventually the chicken was finished and we ate a little of that with some brussel sprouts, we were all pretty full from the meat/cheese/olives/poppers/asti.. but all in all it was a great meal. Afterwards we went over to visit the kittens for a bit (Alex didn't go as he was still not feeling very well) and that was basically the end of the evening.

Alex is off work today, sick. Hopefully he starts to feel better soon. I'm glad that it's not the flu though.. I would've had to stay away from him to avoid it.

Great weekend though, and hopefully yours was great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment