Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pumpkin Shaped Cookies

Close up of the Cookie, I didn't know how to rotate it, or i'm just lazy :)

This was the 2nd time I worked with Fondant, and I have to say, definitely
easier than the first time! So i think i'm getting the hang of it.

Okay, so for Alex's Beer Club picnic today, I wanted to make pumpkin shaped cookies with fondant on top instead of just icing. I wasn't sure how good they would taste since most people peel away the fondant on cakes. But I used a marshmallow fondant and put some faux buttercream under the fondant to make it stick. I had serious problems making a buttercream and I think it was because i used fake egg whites instead of real ones, so it didn't meringue quite the way it should've. So i threw that one away and made another one, but that time (like the first time) my butter wasn't completely softened. So lesson learned!

Anyway, one thing i was surprised with was how much food coloring it took to make it orange enough. it took a lot! anyway, the fondant worked really well this time and i think they turned out great! Also, I tasted them with Alex and our friend Matt who was over and we all thought they tasted great! So yay! Hopefully everyone at the picnic likes them.

Happy Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment